South Bay Wednesday Night Meet

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 12:03 AM

Car Info: 2002 subaru impreza WRX
hey im in the picture. woo-hoo! arent those pictures like hella old jon?
Old 06-02-2005, 12:35 AM

Heh, nothing.
I just miss the meets something fierce. Although, I *do* need to ship my stuff out of storage at some point.
-C
Old 06-02-2005, 12:53 AM

Car Info: 05 SLK 350
Fellow South Bay I-Clubbers,

This meet has gotten a bad rap as of late. With the tragic loss of TS not long ago and the recent association of the Wed. night meet with consumption of alcohol, it appears that we may be getting away from our roots, and I say our core values. Please keep in mind that the meets are meant to be a gathering of people who share common interests, not an excuse to do things that may risk life, limb or freedom. This seems to have become a problem while the Starbucks on El Camino was closed for the remodel, but escalated in the weeks prior to tonight.

I am of the opinion that potential new comers to this meet are not only intimidated by the constant change of venue, but by the fact that we are associating a car club meet with drinking and driving. By no means do I think drinking is wrong, but when follow up comments include talking about how hungover we are or how drunk we were that night, there may be an issue. Have a couple of beers with dinner. There is nothing wrong with that. But when the main focal point of the event becomes a discussion of what bar to venture out to after dinner, then the situation should be addressed.

I raise this concern because tonight at P&P there were 2 cars. Myself and A.V.E. This meet used to be 10-15 cars strong during the winter. Now with the summer upon us, there should only be growth. Bring back the caravans to Starbucks from P&P. Bring back the commaradarie and spirit of togetherness. Bring back the real meaning of I-Club, the meets, and the Subaru community as a whole. Shed the reputation that this meet has gotten and make it a positive experience again.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:59 AM

Car Info: '06 RBP Impreza 2.5i
Originally Posted by cdawg
Now with the summer upon us, there should only be growth. Bring back the caravans to Starbucks from P&P. Bring back the commaradarie and spirit of togetherness. Bring back the real meaning of I-Club, the meets, and the Subaru community as a whole. Shed the reputation that this meet has gotten and make it a positive experience again.
I second this motion.

Anyways, sorry I haven't gone lately. I had a huge project for work the past couple of weeks. So I've been exhausted. And after checking my bank account this morning... I'm rather pissed off! Bustin' my *** getting my work done and they can't even get my paycheck right! Ah damn... and I have two bills due this week (Jon, we'll have to talk).

So yeah... I have an exam next Thursday. But, I'll definitely try to come out and maybe hit the books at Starbucks.

Peace,
Karl
Old 06-02-2005, 03:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
Originally Posted by cdawg
Fellow South Bay I-Clubbers,

This meet has gotten a bad rap as of late. With the tragic loss of TS not long ago and the recent association of the Wed. night meet with consumption of alcohol, it appears that we may be getting away from our roots, and I say our core values. Please keep in mind that the meets are meant to be a gathering of people who share common interests, not an excuse to do things that may risk life, limb or freedom. This seems to have become a problem while the Starbucks on El Camino was closed for the remodel, but escalated in the weeks prior to tonight.

I am of the opinion that potential new comers to this meet are not only intimidated by the constant change of venue, but by the fact that we are associating a car club meet with drinking and driving. By no means do I think drinking is wrong, but when follow up comments include talking about how hungover we are or how drunk we were that night, there may be an issue. Have a couple of beers with dinner. There is nothing wrong with that. But when the main focal point of the event becomes a discussion of what bar to venture out to after dinner, then the situation should be addressed.

I raise this concern because tonight at P&P there were 2 cars. Myself and A.V.E. This meet used to be 10-15 cars strong during the winter. Now with the summer upon us, there should only be growth. Bring back the caravans to Starbucks from P&P. Bring back the commaradarie and spirit of togetherness. Bring back the real meaning of I-Club, the meets, and the Subaru community as a whole. Shed the reputation that this meet has gotten and make it a positive experience again.
very well said Cory, everyone talks about dedication.... dedication was what last nite's meet was.

TIA

-Ave
Old 06-02-2005, 05:37 PM

Car Info: 03' Subaru Impreza WRX - R.I.P.
I'm glad to see that the devotion to the meet is still there, and will definitely be able to come out more after I get my car back from the shop (hopefully next week). Corey, you hit the nail square on the head. Suby meets should be about cars, the focus should not be about be about which place to go to get hammered (no pun intended). There is only one way to bring this meet back - strong commitment from us regulars and newbie people, and this it will most certainly be a difficult path. Sorry to sound so bleak everyone - Show your support!!!

Hey Karl, you better start coming out when you are done with your big project! I also need to talk to you about your rotors...
Originally Posted by kitsune713
I second this motion.

Anyways, sorry I haven't gone lately. I had a huge project for work the past couple of weeks. So I've been exhausted. And after checking my bank account this morning... I'm rather pissed off! Bustin' my *** getting my work done and they can't even get my paycheck right! Ah damn... and I have two bills due this week (Jon, we'll have to talk).

So yeah... I have an exam next Thursday. But, I'll definitely try to come out and maybe hit the books at Starbucks.

Peace,
Karl
Old 06-02-2005, 08:58 PM

Car Info: 2002 subaru impreza WRX
i agree with cdawg, the meets use to be really fun. i also thought that more people would be coming out since it is summer now. that means no more studying for me. woo-hoo. so that means you guys will be seeing my ugly *** more often. haha. maybe you will catch the glimpse of my ugly datsun z.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:57 AM

Car Info: it has 4 wheels and it runs.
i'll try to make it next week. hopefully i can get some good snapshots of you guys' cars
Old 06-03-2005, 09:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by koopatroopa781
i agree with cdawg, the meets use to be really fun. i also thought that more people would be coming out since it is summer now. that means no more studying for me. woo-hoo. so that means you guys will be seeing my ugly *** more often. haha. maybe you will catch the glimpse of my ugly datsun z.
Can't be any uglier than my POS Celica. Haha.. I should make another meet since in 3.5 weeks I am outta here. Today is my last day at work, this is so weird.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:22 PM

Car Info: 03' Subaru Impreza WRX - R.I.P.
Whatchu talkin bout' Willis? Your Celica is teh hawtness, with that blingin' carburater, OG interior and screaming yellow paint job!
Old 06-03-2005, 02:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by sonic_yellow
Whatchu talkin bout' Willis? Your Celica is teh hawtness, with that blingin' carburater, OG interior and screaming yellow paint job!
Haha.. "Buttered Lightning" strikes again as I streak past like a blur of yellow and primer spots leaving a cloud that says I am running too rich.. Funny stuff. The only Celica STi around.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:43 PM
VIP Member

alright, so for next weeks meet lets bring it back to its original roots: Dinner at Pizza and Pipes *have a few drinks with dinner which is cool* and our usual caravan to starbucks... whos in?

-Ave
Old 06-04-2005, 02:07 AM

im down. me and you can go to bjays before and go see tammy. =D oh how hot she is.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:02 PM

Car Info: 05 SLK 350
Afternoon Bump! Let's have a strong meet tonight!
Old 06-08-2005, 03:06 PM
VIP Member

as always ill be there. c' mon ppl, come out tonite

-Ave

Quick Reply: South Bay Wednesday Night Meet