South Bay Wednesday Night Meet

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 12:02 AM

Car Info: '06 RBP Impreza 2.5i
Yeah... this all must've been a wake up call for us. Anyways, I finished reading the other thread and the name didn't sound familiar. Regardless, a fellow member of the Suby community has passed.

I say next week we go back to Starbucks and just kick it like we used to. This might intice more to come by as well. Just a thought...

So yeah, see y'all next week. Drive safely.

Peace,
Karl
Old 05-20-2005, 12:25 AM

Car Info: 2002 subaru impreza WRX
i had a lot of fun last night guys. i think i am gonna come out more often since school is almost over. i was hella tired today during class. btw on the way home i got pulled over by a cop for going 15 over in a 35. luckily he let me go with a warning. yes! i finally got lucky. +1 for the police, and +1 for tai ly. and -100 for everyone at last night meet for making me stay out so late. well until next week.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:24 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
i thought he wouldve commented on your exhaust and how loud it is, daym you HELLA lucky

-Ave
Old 05-20-2005, 09:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by kitsune713
Yeah... this all must've been a wake up call for us.
A wakeup call? Like, it reminds us we shouldn't get plastered, run from the cops and slam into a pole @ 110mph? Wow. If this was a wakeup call for anyone they should seek help and a taxi pronto.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:39 PM

Car Info: '06 RBP Impreza 2.5i
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
A wakeup call? Like, it reminds us we shouldn't get plastered, run from the cops and slam into a pole @ 110mph? Wow. If this was a wakeup call for anyone they should seek help and a taxi pronto.
It just sounded to me that the drinking escapades on Wed. nights was becoming a concern to others. Not to say, any of us would've done what he did. But who am I to say how people will act? Just being cautious.

But I do understand what you mean.

Karl
Old 05-20-2005, 03:30 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX, Aspen White, Stage 1 Cobb
You think it's a coincidence that the "South Bay meet" in so-cal was created 2 weeks before our meet... I think not.... Karl, you uncreative bastard.....
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...0&page=1&pp=20

JK.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:35 PM

Car Info: 02WRX>>>99Impreza GT
hey anyone know bout this incident 2 days ago? http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...l/11693964.htm
pretty sad... lionel with the red mr2 saw the whole thing! it was by his house..

johnny
Old 05-21-2005, 09:50 PM

Car Info: 03' Subaru Impreza WRX - R.I.P.
Angry gawsh darn sunday drivers, and its only Saturday!

Hey Johnny, could you cut and paste the article so some of us w/out mercury news accounts can read it?
I don't have a password so I can't get in.

On a side note, I was cut-off by some middle-aged woman in a white nissan pulsar NX with her family riding in the back and I was pissed! Had to slam on my brakes at 50mph to avoid rear-ending her family and probably causing one of us spin off the highway ramp on 101 South Capital Ave/Yorba Buena East exit. GRRR!

Originally Posted by jitss
hey anyone know bout this incident 2 days ago? http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...l/11693964.htm
pretty sad... lionel with the red mr2 saw the whole thing! it was by his house..

johnny
Old 05-21-2005, 10:27 PM

Car Info: 02WRX>>>99Impreza GT
Man dies after fleeing cops, crash

By Sandra Gonzales

Mercury News

After eluding police who tried to pull him over for speeding, a 22-year-old Los Altos man died Thursday when his car crashed into a telephone pole in Santa Clara, authorities said.

The driver was identified as Taylor Scott Anderson.

Anderson was driving a blue 2004 Subaru WRX northbound on Monroe Street when the car crossed the opposing lanes of traffic at about 1:20 a.m., according to Santa Clara police.

His car then reportedly drifted off the road and slammed into a telephone pole near Machado Street, nearly cutting the car in half and narrowly missing a house.

Anderson was taken to Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, where he died about two hours later.

Earlier Thursday, Anderson's car was seen by a police sergeant going more than 70 mph on Lawrence Expressway.

When the officer attempted to pull the Subaru over for speeding, the driver refused to stop and sped away, police said. Because of the danger involved and the Subaru's excessive speed, the sergeant abandoned the pursuit.

Later, however, another officer saw the Subaru near Bowers Avenue, but the driver eluded him as well, authorities said. Officers were still searching the area for the Subaru when the crash occurred.

Anyone with information is asked to call traffic investigator Robert Dixon, at (408) 615-4763.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
easy there cheese! i think he was refering to wondering and hoping all the wed. night meet peeps got home ok and it wasnt one of you guys that might have gotten into a accident.

sheesh remember this was BEFOR we knew all the details ok!
chill
edgar,
Old 05-22-2005, 10:32 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jitss
Earlier Thursday, Anderson's car was seen by a police sergeant going more than 70 mph on Lawrence Expressway.

When the officer attempted to pull the Subaru over for speeding, the driver refused to stop and sped away, police said. Because of the danger involved and the Subaru's excessive speed, the sergeant abandoned the pursuit.
haha, go turbo'd cars

-Ave
Old 05-23-2005, 10:18 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by zumnwrx
easy there cheese! i think he was refering to wondering and hoping all the wed. night meet peeps got home ok and it wasnt one of you guys that might have gotten into a accident.

sheesh remember this was BEFOR we knew all the details ok!
chill
edgar,
He responded to my comments, which makes sense because I was responding to his. He actually made sense where you did not. Before you try to speak for someone else you should ask if they, uhh, don't mind it coming from you.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:32 PM
VIP Member

looks like well be meeting up at our old spot: starbucks, so whos coming tonite?

-Ave
Old 05-25-2005, 06:08 PM

Car Info: 03' Subaru Impreza WRX - R.I.P.
I'll be there, w/ ya - Starbucks ~ 8:30???
Old 05-25-2005, 07:10 PM

playing poker tonite. not gonna be there suckers. =D

Quick Reply: South Bay Wednesday Night Meet