South Bay Wednesday Night Meet

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 10:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 STi
Dude, stop living vicariously. Just come out.

-GDO
Old 05-13-2005, 08:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by Heavy Dan
what!? no stories of last nights shannanigans?
I need drunken stories... I live in SF... and can't make it to the meet!!!
If you need some drunken stories dude, hit up bay 2 breakers this weekend. I did it last year with some friends, we pushed a keg across the city and I was wasted passed out in the bushes by noon. Good times.

BTW - I finally got my car back from the body shop. It looks like ****ing ****. I have seen better work in high school auto shop. But oh well, that's what I get for taking my car to a reputable Bay Area shop to have my fenders rolled.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:30 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX, Aspen White, Stage 1 Cobb
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
If you need some drunken stories dude, hit up bay 2 breakers this weekend. I did it last year with some friends, we pushed a keg across the city and I was wasted passed out in the bushes by noon. Good times.

BTW - I finally got my car back from the body shop. It looks like ****ing ****. I have seen better work in high school auto shop. But oh well, that's what I get for taking my car to a reputable Bay Area shop to have my fenders rolled.
HAHA... of course I'm goin to bay2breakers... I'm goin out to buy a camelpack (sp?) today and fill it with Jack D!
Old 05-13-2005, 09:38 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Heavy Dan
HAHA... of course I'm goin to bay2breakers... I'm goin out to buy a camelpack (sp?) today and fill it with Jack D!
Dude, just bring the bottle. Last year I cheers'd quite a few cops w/ my pint glass. Dress like an old drunk, and act like one. We chugged everytime we saw scary naked people, so needless to say we were all wasted by the time we got to the panhandle. Well if you make it to the park, look for a shopping cart that looks like an old covered wagon and a bunch of fools dressed in western gear. Stop by grab a beer and say hi. Ha. I gotta find a hat tho as I lost mine at the RIM.

Did I mention my car looks like shiat? Oh - well it does.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:53 PM

Car Info: 03' Subaru Impreza WRX - R.I.P.
I wonder which body shop you went to that was "reputable" - You should take it back and complain. I took my car to MPJ to get my rear fenders rolled, and I can say that I am not too happy with the outcome. Ever wonder why race cars have fenders that aare bolted on with rivets? Probably cause it is too difficult and costly to do it right the first time...
Old 05-13-2005, 06:14 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sonic_yellow
I wonder which body shop you went to that was "reputable" - You should take it back and complain. I took my car to MPJ to get my rear fenders rolled, and I can say that I am not too happy with the outcome. Ever wonder why race cars have fenders that aare bolted on with rivets? Probably cause it is too difficult and costly to do it right the first time...
Dude, seriously, do NOT let anyone tell you that screwed up or bent ANYTHING is "normally what happens" when your fenders are rolled. For one, that is just not true. If your fenders were rolled, and there is damage to the quarter panel - that means that the person doing the work didn't know what they were doing PERIOD.

Last edited by wombatsauce; 07-21-2005 at 04:07 AM.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:27 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX, Aspen White, Stage 1 Cobb
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
I honestly don't know what happened as Gruppe-S seems like a cool shop, and ***I hear nothing but good things about their work*** (why I went there in the first place).
We clearly have never spoken....

It's **** like that that makes me stress everytime I take a car to a shop to get work done. The second I pass my keys over... my heart starts to race.....
now-a-days... i get excited when my car DOESN'T get ****ed up by a shop.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:35 PM

roll the fenders yourself with a baseball bat!!!! worked great for me with an older car I had or cut the inside with some dremel tool or something.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 STi
Imma be there tonight at like... 9:30 PM.

-GDO
Old 05-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
this sucks! my intern is having a presentation tonight and i was invited to go. Being such a good mentor that I am, I'll be going. have fun you guys!
Old 05-19-2005, 01:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
good times last nite ladies and gents

-Ave
Old 05-19-2005, 04:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by A.V.E.
good times last nite ladies and gents

-Ave
um does this theards discription of the wrx match anyone that was at your meet last night

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...28#post1015828

edgar,
i sure hope not
Old 05-19-2005, 04:35 PM

Car Info: '06 RBP Impreza 2.5i
Hey guys check this out... https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/really-bad-accident-santa-clara-99816/

I bet most of you had read this already. Given the time and location, this thread will be looked upon. I'd like to be the first to say it was nobody who came last night. Although, it's sad to hear what happened.

I just got off the phone with Jeff and we both agreed this meet has been gettin' a bit out of hand (let's not play dumb... we all know what I'm taking about). We're all responsible for our own actions, and can all admit that we've been a tad irresponsible.

We don't need something tragic like this messin' with our concious.

I for one say that we should take this meet back to its roots. Keep it fun and sober (yeah, that's possible). I mean... since Jon bought the football we never really got to play with it. HAHAHA!

So anyways... feel free to discuss.

Drive safely guys!
Karl
Old 05-19-2005, 05:08 PM

Car Info: 03' Subaru Impreza WRX - R.I.P.
A local tragedy like this is hard to stomach, and I'm glad Karl highlighted the sad news to others who are unaware. Hate to admit it, but yes, our meet has been getting a "bad rap" lately. Last night, I was a witness to the fact that everyone did act responsibly and as a result got home safe.

Originally Posted by kitsune713
Hey guys check this out... https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99816

I bet most of you had read this already. Given the time and location, this thread will be looked upon. I'd like to be the first to say it was nobody who came last night. Although, it's sad to hear what happened.

I just got off the phone with Jeff and we both agreed this meet has been gettin' a bit out of hand (let's not play dumb... we all know what I'm taking about). We're all responsible for our own actions, and can all admit that we've been a tad irresponsible.

We don't need something tragic like this messin' with our concious.

I for one say that we should take this meet back to its roots. Keep it fun and sober (yeah, that's possible). I mean... since Jon bought the football we never really got to play with it. HAHAHA!

So anyways... feel free to discuss.

Drive safely guys!
Karl
Old 05-19-2005, 07:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
ive always mentioned hitting up the starbucks but it never really falls through. id like to go back to our old spot and have a nite where were all sober and not have to worry about everyone driving home after a nite of drinking. i guess that accident was telling us to be careful next time.

-Ave

Quick Reply: South Bay Wednesday Night Meet