South Bay Wednesday Night Meet

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 05:57 PM

Car Info: 03' Subaru Impreza WRX - R.I.P.
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
We could all caravan to the refuse station, weigh our cars, then get chicken and beer.
Jacob, which car are you going to bring to the meet? Im ready for another weigh-in sometime soon.

Since we are going with majority vote for this wednesday, I vote for a "return to normal" meet. Too many ideas are getting tossed around now... Does anyone know for sure when starbucks closes?
Old 04-11-2005, 09:21 PM

Car Info: 05 SLK 350
Originally Posted by sonic_yellow
Jacob, which car are you going to bring to the meet? Im ready for another weigh-in sometime soon.

Since we are going with majority vote for this wednesday, I vote for a "return to normal" meet. Too many ideas are getting tossed around now... Does anyone know for sure when starbucks closes?
I agree. A normal south bay meet would be best. Look at how low the turnout was last week, compared to the UCKK meet the night before. Had we done the meet at P&P, more people would have come later/stayed later. I understand that this meet is not going to be a big as UCKK, but by keeping some level of consistancy, we can bring back the size of this meet, make it easy for new people to find, and grow the Subaru community as we head into the summer months.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 WRX wagon x2
Well, FWIW, I should be there in the Chevy Malibu.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:28 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
malibu... is that your rental car?

-Ave
Old 04-12-2005, 10:07 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant

I can never make a meet because I am constantly working on my cars. Don't get it.. My RS is pissing me off. Finally fixed the clutch system last night (replaced everything except the pedal, car has been down for 3 weeks). I drove it all over, my g/f and I went up to the top of On Orbit and back - car was great. Fire it up this morning and I have CEL #4. I should start taping $100 bills to the trunk and see if it runs better. I am just about "Subaru'ed out" which I thought I never would be...
Old 04-12-2005, 01:06 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by A.V.E.
malibu... is that your rental car?

-Ave
Yeah, rental #2.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
what was rental #1?

-Ave
Old 04-12-2005, 03:41 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by A.V.E.
what was rental #1?

-Ave
Kimchee POWAH!
Old 04-12-2005, 04:36 PM
VIP Member

Kimchee POWAH!
What he said. Kia Optima that peed oil all over my parking spot. It was still better than the Optima though.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:50 AM

Car Info: 03' Subaru Impreza WRX - R.I.P.
I can never make a meet because I am constantly working on my cars. Don't get it.. My RS is pissing me off. Finally fixed the clutch system last night (replaced everything except the pedal, car has been down for 3 weeks). I drove it all over, my g/f and I went up to the top of On Orbit and back - car was great. Fire it up this morning and I have CEL #4. I should start taping $100 bills to the trunk and see if it runs better. I am just about "Subaru'ed out" which I thought I never would be...
Im still trying to figure out where On Orbit is **head scratching**, But dood, getting random CELS sucks, I had one the other day after a cold start, and it disappeared in a few seconds. It hasnt come back ever since. At least your car is driveable,right?
Old 04-13-2005, 06:36 AM
VIP Member

John, you can still check your stored codes, and it should show up.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:52 AM
VIP Member

Im still trying to figure out where On Orbit is **head scratching**, But dood, getting random CELS sucks, I had one the other day after a cold start, and it disappeared in a few seconds. It hasnt come back ever since. At least your car is driveable,right?
On Orbit is a cool road where you can pretty much see the whole southbay. Amazing view at night. If you head out to Saratoga like you are gonna take 9, take the last left before 9 starts (where Saratoga ends), head up the hill, turn right at the top then keep to the left. It's twisty and steep as ****, after a while you come up to a flat area and a street sign - it will say 'On Orbit' to the left. Take that up and keep an eye out on the left side. Pretty awesome on a clear night.

My last CEL was for misfire on #2 and 4. I took it to Carlsen and they read the code, and suggested I change my plugs/wires because they were stock at 55k miles. I had just pulled a plug and was confused because it wasn't stock - turns out, the car had OEM plugs on the LH side of the engine and NGK's on the right hand side... I changed them ASAP and the car is way better but I didn't get around to the plug wires. I am hoping it was the wires that threw the CEL, tho that seems strange. Either way I changed them last night. I ordered an obd-2 software program that cost about as much as having Carlsen read the code, only now I won't have to make an appointment. Ha.. We'll see. The car drives great tho. Clutch is nice now that everything is new..
Old 04-14-2005, 10:23 AM

Car Info: '05 WRX
Hey guys, it was nice meeting all of you at the meet last night. That was my first scooby meet in 2 years.

So who is who on here? A few of the user names are easy for me to figure out who they are. Like A.V.E. and kellie. But I don't know which names belong to the other people I met last night.

Anyways, I'll see you all again next wednesday. I'll try and make it there every week.

-Paul
Old 04-14-2005, 11:20 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MeaCulpa
Hey guys, it was nice meeting all of you at the meet last night. That was my first scooby meet in 2 years.

So who is who on here? A few of the user names are easy for me to figure out who they are. Like A.V.E. and kellie. But I don't know which names belong to the other people I met last night.

Anyways, I'll see you all again next wednesday. I'll try and make it there every week.

-Paul
Haha.. I met you back when you had your RS-T at the MVKK meet.

My car drives again now - CEL was off most of yesterday, back on today. Ugh. Hopefully tomorrow I can pull the code and see wassap.

-Jacob
Old 04-14-2005, 01:00 PM
VIP Member

Hey guess what, Paul? I remembered your name! Let's see if it sticks with me until next week, assuming either of us attend.

Woohoo, code pulling with fancy new code pulling toys. Sounds exciting.

On my way home from the meet last night, a black RSX-S tried to race me. Who tries to race a MALIBU?!?!

Quick Reply: South Bay Wednesday Night Meet