Satuday Night San Jose Midnight Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 09:38 AM

Car Info: A Dirty Car
Well, it seems like there are quite a few people from different areas that are wanting to go, so trying to find some kind of a "mutual" area would be best. Also, since peoe will be driving hours to do this cruise, i do not think it should be at midnight, maybe more like 7-9pm. I have a pretty good idea for a nice drive, but again, it will be dark and that means things can get pretty dangerous so if the point of this drive is to haul *** and drive hard rather than take it easy and relaxed im deffinatly out.

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
I think I'm down for a cruise. No crazy ****, but down to cruise some nice roads.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:01 AM

Car Info: a blue car.
Let's collaborate in on the location. How long of cruise is everyone looking for? I'm pretty extreme on distances so I would suggest either the Mt. Hamilton route via HWY130 ending at the tip of the mountain at the Lick Observatory (about 1hr round trip) or the General Peninsula route of HWY35 from Saratoga or Lexington Hills to San Mateo (about 1hr one-way, but we can split at San Mateo). For these locations, I can find some locations to regroup.

For shorter routes, I suggest Calaveras in Milpitas or a much-shortened version of the Peninsula Route from Lexington Hills to Saratoga (Hwy17 - HWY35 - HWY9). I know a few spots to regroup after.

Be warned that at this hour it will be very quiet and empty (good for us I guess), but if you're looking to feast or visit shops after our runs, we'd best move our meet to a much earlier time. Plus it can be dangerous as well, regardless of the route, so NO RACING!! These are MY suggestions, if anyone has others, do say so.

Last edited by Kaimino; 04-06-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:10 AM

Im willing to take you guys on one of my favorite drives. '

It starts in Livermore, and ends in Livermore. However if we wanted to do the whole thing it will be about a 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive. Good time though.

If people are looking for something a little shorter, I have some other nice routes but like I said, the long one is a good one
Old 04-06-2012, 10:18 AM

Does it have a view? I think it would be nice to add some scenery when there is no light out.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:36 AM

Car Info: 2001 Acura TL - 2016.5 Mazda CX-5
Originally Posted by Kaimino
Let's collaborate in on the location. How long of cruise is everyone looking for? I'm pretty extreme on distances so I would suggest either the Mt. Hamilton route via HWY130 ending at the tip of the mountain at the Lick Observatory (about 1hr round trip) or the General Peninsula route of HWY35 from Saratoga or Lexington Hills to San Mateo (about 1hr one-way, but we can split at San Mateo). For these locations, I can find some locations to regroup.

For shorter routes, I suggest Calaveras in Milpitas or a much-shortened version of the Peninsula Route from Lexington Hills to Saratoga (Hwy17 - HWY35 - HWY9). I know a few spots to regroup after.

Be warned that at this hour it will be very quiet and empty (good for us I guess), but if you're looking to feast or visit shops after our runs, we'd best move our meet to a much earlier time. Plus it can be dangerous as well, regardless of the route, so NO RACING!! These are MY suggestions, if anyone has others, do say so.
Does it have a view? I think it would be nice to add some scenery when there is no light out.
^^^ that HWY 35 route is good at night. you can see the Bay for a lot of the drive, and there are numerous vista points to stop at along the way.

But, for the people from sac the east bay would seem a little easier tho.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:04 AM

I was assuming the meeting location was in the southbay, which they head back up north anyways, but you're right. Just an option.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:16 PM

Car Info: 2001 Acura TL - 2016.5 Mazda CX-5
I was assuming the meeting location was in the southbay, which they head back up north anyways, but you're right. Just an option.
Dont get me wrong im all for a south bay cruise! I live literally two minutes from the bottom of HWY 9 in Saratoga.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:23 PM

This is what I was thinking would be cool. Love this drive.
Attached Thumbnails Satuday Night San Jose Midnight Cruise-untitled.jpg  
Old 04-06-2012, 12:46 PM

Hmm a Center Valley-ish run... I've never done a night drive there except coming back from Socal...

Any takes from our Sac counterparts? If you are coming down, we definitely would want to hear your opinions and suggestions.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:11 PM

Car Info: 2011 OBP STI
anyone up for an early morning cruise? it seems safer to tackle these options during the day light, there will be places to hang out/grub if it's a long drive, and it gives the lazys a reason to wake up early in the morn.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:28 PM

Can't do morning, I actually need to sleep since I work graveyard.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:15 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX
Originally Posted by Volkey
This is what I was thinking would be cool. Love this drive.
I'm down for this drive, but would want to do during the day.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:50 PM

Car Info: 2011 OBP STI
lol it'll be sunday before we get anything planned...

let's get some yays/nays for day/night, figure out a meet up spot, and get going!

i'm in for day but i don't know of many routes outside of calaveras.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:56 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru WRX STi
let me know as well, im down, NO racing right? dont want to become a convicted felon, lol.

Quick Reply: Satuday Night San Jose Midnight Cruise