Official: Big Dogs Grill - Thursdays - thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 10:41 AM

Car Info: 1986 Toyota Mr2, 2002 Subaru WRX wagon
don't you all love how dave cries about school. i hate having to go so late but i still try to make it. ill be there tonight
Old 09-30-2004, 03:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
LOL, I will be there too. We may have some "company" at the meet tonight, that I am not exactly happy about....but we shall see, hopefully they will go home before we get there. :-/

-Ted
Old 09-30-2004, 05:40 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon, 14 Forester XT, 96 Miata
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
LOL, I will be there too. We may have some "company" at the meet tonight, that I am not exactly happy about....but we shall see, hopefully they will go home before we get there. :-/

-Ted
do you mean police? well, i'll be there tonite
Old 10-01-2004, 01:19 AM

Car Info: none
We had a good amount of people show up tonight besides the hot rods. It was rather interesting to see them all there, now they will be coming every thursday.

- Dominique
Old 10-01-2004, 08:51 AM

Car Info: 1986 Toyota Mr2, 2002 Subaru WRX wagon
yay, now all us young wipper snappers can learn about cars proper. but seriously as long as some of the old dudes are actually old, like 55+, they should be cool. old car guys can teach us all something about going fast, and its been my experience that as long as your not an arrogant little punk they like talking to us no matter what we drive. my gramps regularly tells me stories of my dad and him building cars back in the day. "blown charger ripping the tires loose at 55 on the freeway"
Old 10-01-2004, 02:09 PM
VIP Member

yea, they were pretty cool, and I was not happy about them meeting there, but it turns out they were cool to us....I wasnt happy about it because the last time we met there when they were there, I personally had heard ALOT of **** talking from these particular old guys the entire time...."OH GREAT!, they're here, the imports are coming now...blah, blah, blah. Go park over there with your rice crap, dont park by the 'real' cars (pointing over to the starbucks side of the parkinglot)," and that really pissed me off. So I was prepared to lay the smack down on them if they started talking like that again....but they didnt so it was all good. I was actually very suprized.

-Ted
Old 10-07-2004, 12:44 PM

Yo, whos all gonna be in da hood tonight? ^_^ -Cameron
Old 10-07-2004, 12:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 STi
It's all good Ted, I'm pretty sure some of us could shock them in a corner or in a straight line. No doubt some of those are fixed up and ready to rumble, but for those that are unsuspecting, well, it'll be fun to mess with them.

I should be there tonight.

-GDO
Old 10-07-2004, 01:40 PM
VIP Member

Angry

I will only be there for a little bit.....I had some unexpected problems with my brake install....so I am gonna be cutting out early so I can work on getting my car running again....grrrrrrrrr

-Ted
Old 10-07-2004, 01:50 PM

Hey Ted, I got my exhaust done last night, you need an extra set of hands? -Cam
Old 10-07-2004, 04:20 PM
VIP Member

Angry

Originally Posted by MadLarkin
Hey Ted, I got my exhaust done last night, you need an extra set of hands? -Cam
sweet, howz it sound? You'll have to lemme hear it tonight.

Nah, where I am going (under the hood) there isn't room for 2 sets of hands......last night while installing my new hardline......<pissed at myself for not taking my time> I didnt realize that the OEM hardlines use a DOUBLE FLARE, NOT A BUBBLE FLARE.....and when I went to tighten down the hardline to the ABS Control Module, I stripped the threads out of the module, AND destroyed the flare seal inside the module because I used a bubble flare not a MOTHER ****ING DOUBLE FLARE <hits himself in the head with his BIG torque wrench> GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I am sooooooo ****ing pissed off at myself for not paying attention as I normally would....WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?!?!? GRRRRRRR......so to make a short ****ty story even shorter and nearly $900 later, I have a new ABS Control Module, and some VERY VALUABLE EXPERIENCE in what NOT to do......So tonight I am replacing my ABS unit, and making another NEW right front hardline with the proper flare this time......GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRR

signed,
One UBER pissed off Ted
Old 10-07-2004, 04:24 PM

Hey Ted,
Mabye I can lighten the 900$ burden....How badly are the threads striped? Bring it on down tonight and let me take a gander at it, because I might just pick up the striped one off you.
-C

(P.S. If it makes you feel any better, when taking of my stock DP last night, we snaped one of the studs off in the turbo....granted it still works, but man, it sucks....anyone have a stock turbo for sale? ^_^)
Old 10-07-2004, 04:46 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX
Ill probably check it out tonight. My first meet...
Old 10-07-2004, 05:08 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by mysterymarker
Ill probably check it out tonight. My first meet...
C'mon down Mysterymarker! people normally start showing up around 8:15-8:30 or so, I'll be driving my BIGTYRZ.....you'll know it when I pull in. The suby is out of commission for awhile.

Cameron,

The stripped part is not the problem.....its the flare seal INSIDE the module that the hardline seals up against that is destroyed as well.....threads are easy to repair.....but the seal is jacked, so it will leak no matter how much you tighten the line down, and that is not something that can be repaired.....unfortuneatly, the ABS unit is still in perfect working condition with the exception of that seal....but its not safe to use since the hardline wont make a tight seal and will most definitely leak when under pressure. Basically its a big, VERY expensive paper weight now.

Not to mention, after I get the new unit installed I still have to take it to a Suby dealer to have the new unit calibrated.

-Ted
Old 10-07-2004, 05:35 PM

Car Info: '07 FXT Sport / '96 STiL
I'll be there too if I can get off my lazy *** and out the door. =)

Quick Reply: Official: Big Dogs Grill - Thursdays - thread