Official: Big Dogs Grill - Thursdays - thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 09:40 PM

Car Info: 2013 WRX Hatchback
Just went by. Didn't see any subaru's. Apparently it's a new hang out for evo and srt4 owners. I pulled up and didn't even get out of my car. Anyone else go by tonight? Maybe I missed it.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 STi
LOL, are you serious about that? I haven't been there in the longest time. We need to show a strong showing of Subarus soon! Seriously.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:31 PM

Yeah dude, I pulled up, parked, looked around at the Evo and srt4's, laughed to myself and left. I didn't even get out of the car. I don't have anything to talk about with those fools and their detriot rice.

BTW, why are they invading our turf anyways?
Old 02-17-2006, 10:28 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
a few weeks back when i used to go almost every week to BDG, all these evos started to roll by, why... i dunno.

-Ave
Old 02-17-2006, 10:45 AM
VIP Member

Evos started to roll by, most are friendly, but they don't really talk to the Subaru crowd, they do their own thing. I'm not worried about them "taking over our turf" considering they all park closer to Longs than they do Big Dogs. It's the Old Fogies that destroy Big Dogs on occassion - e.g. they all park in front, rev their **** loud as hell and **** off the locals.

I'm all for more people coming out, but I think it's just that no one has really broken the ice yet. Next meet, whoever gets there needs to break the ice. I'm tired of being the 1 man greeting group.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:14 AM

Well, maybe they decided they didn't like Longs anymore. They were parked as close to BDG as possible. I'm down for them to meet there, but I'm not going to be the only suby guy surrounded by srt4's.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:27 PM
VIP Member

Hrm... really? *shrugs* I have no idea where they came from, but it still doesn't bug me, hehe. Remember, some of those SRT-4 and Evo owners used to be Subaru owners too.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:57 PM

Car Info: 06 Evolution IX MR Graphite Gray
As Charlie said... some of them used to be Subaru owners. Like me.

Haven't talked to you guys in quite a while - been busy getting things settled down up here in Portland. Sounds like things haven't changed a whole lot down there.

Anyways, like I said, I'll be an Evo IX MR owner in the next week or two, depending on how quickly they can get me a graphite gray MR. I drove one tonight (an 06 - first time in an 06, actually) and I have to say, it's impressive. Every bit as good as the STI, if you ask me.

Definitely hang out with the Evo owners. Good group of guys from what I remember. And they'll help offset the bill when you decide you want to do a track even and only 4 subaru guys sign up for it. :P Besides, going head-to-head against Evos on the track is AWESOME. I did that at Thunderhill before I put my car back to stock. Had a blast.

Well, that's it from me. I don't check my PMs here much at all, so the best way to get ahold of me is email - drjest@mac.com.

-T
Old 02-19-2006, 09:12 PM

Car Info: 2017 WRB WRX Premium
Originally Posted by Onizuka
Hrm... really? *shrugs* I have no idea where they came from, but it still doesn't bug me, hehe. Remember, some of those SRT-4 and Evo owners used to be Subaru owners too.
Charlie, a lot of these guys are from Performancesport.net . They aren't trying to take over anything. They just want to kick it and talk cars. Just wait until I bring my new ride over there. And I am not talking about the SRT-4.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:49 PM

Personally, I'm down for bigger meets. Only every str-4 driver I've met either wants to race, wants to show off his BOV, or drives like an asshat. I'm not saying every neon driver is like that, but I haven't met one that didn't try to prove his car was FASTAR than mine.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:58 PM

Car Info: 2017 WRB WRX Premium
Originally Posted by tkarabian
Personally, I'm down for bigger meets. Only every str-4 driver I've met either wants to race, wants to show off his BOV, or drives like an asshat. I'm not saying every neon driver is like that, but I haven't met one that didn't try to prove his car was FASTAR than mine.
You haven't met me or a few other people on PSN. Just because we drive the said car doesn't make us all asshats. There are quite a few WRX owners, as well as people that drive just about any car that can be labeled in the asshat category. Don't be so quick to judge people by what they drive. Most people on PSN are true car enthusiats with an admiration for performance oriented cars. Meet a few of us and you will realize we aren't that much differnt than you WRX guys. Although I used to be one.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:06 PM

While tone is hard to portray online, I was originally joking when I mentioned BDG being "taken over". I was carefull in my last post to not call srt4 owners asshats. Only the ones I've met. And believe me, I know there are tons of wrx owners that are jack asses too. Every car group has them. That's why I got out of the Audi scene. Nothing but old men that think they are better than everyone.

Looking foward to meeting you Kurlee, Glad to have my opinion changed.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:00 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Originally Posted by tkarabian
Just went by. Didn't see any subaru's. Apparently it's a new hang out for evo and srt4 owners. I pulled up and didn't even get out of my car. Anyone else go by tonight? Maybe I missed it.

I rolled by for a bit, and Jeremy was there....but when he left, I bounced too.....we were the only subies there with 2 SRTs and a couple EVOs.

-Ted
Old 02-20-2006, 12:53 AM

Hey all, I am selling all this stuff from what I have left, take a look.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/norcal-classifieds-96/02-03-stock-grill-blue-i-badge-misc-parts-oil-filter-springs-dp-gasket-124045/

Otto
Old 02-23-2006, 04:13 PM

Bump for today

I have work until 10, but I'm going to try to get out of there early. Probably won't happen though.

Quick Reply: Official: Big Dogs Grill - Thursdays - thread