Official: Big Dogs Grill - Thursdays - thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 06:09 PM

Car Info: 2013 WRX Hatchback
I'll be there around nine with my new sideskirts on the wagon, see you there guys.

Tim
Old 06-30-2005, 06:34 PM

Car Info: none
People start coming sometimes around 8, but most of the time 9-9:30. Have fun tonight guys

- Dominique
Old 06-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
im gonna shower first. then go.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:49 PM

Car Info: 06 Evolution IX MR Graphite Gray
<RANT>
Well instead of showing up to the meet tonight, I got to sit on my *** for 4 f***ing hours while a buddy of mine bought a truck. What should have been a 2 hour processs turned into 4 because the dealership screwed the pooch on several fronts.
</RANT>

Hope the meet was decent tonight, in any event.

-Bis
Old 06-30-2005, 11:56 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Originally Posted by Bismarck
<RANT>
Well instead of showing up to the meet tonight, I got to sit on my *** for 4 f***ing hours while a buddy of mine bought a truck. What should have been a 2 hour processs turned into 4 because the dealership screwed the pooch on several fronts.
</RANT>

Hope the meet was decent tonight, in any event.

-Bis
um if you knew your friend was getting screwed, why didn't you stop the deal? regulate!!
Old 07-01-2005, 01:26 AM

Pretty nice turnout, people were hanging out til about 10:30 or little later 15-20 cars, more wagons this time too!
Old 07-01-2005, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by yayitzian
um if you knew your friend was getting screwed, why didn't you stop the deal? regulate!!
Didn't pass reading comprehension, did ya Ian? :P We got roasted on the timing, not on the deal itself. Pricewise and featurewise, my buddy got everything he wanted on the truck, including color of choice. So that side of it was just fine. $200 over invoice on the price, so not too bad for a popular vehicle.

How the dealer screwed the pooch:

1) The truck had just arrived, still dressed in plastic. I suspected it hadn't been through dealer prep, and mentioned this to the sales guy. He said there was a little tag inside indicating that it had already been prepped, just not detailed yet. 2 hours after I mention this, he realizes that I was in fact correct and the vehicle had NOT been prepped. This happened at about 22:20 or so.

2) Dealership was shorthanded on the F&I side, so we sat around for over an hour just waiting for one of the finance guys to get going on the paperwork. The last form (the long one) was in the printer when the sales guy showed up to give us the bad news about the vehicle not having been PDI'd.

3) Due to the lack of dealer prep and the lateness of the wrap-up in finance, my buddy couldn't drive his car home last night. He lives out in Coalinga, so ended up having to spend an extra night up here to pick up the car today.

What should have happened is that the sales guy should have sent the car to detail / prep as soon as we cleared through the credit app stuff. That would have been at about 19:15 or so, which would have left a couple hours for dealer prep and detail, possibly more.

-Bis
Old 07-01-2005, 09:12 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Originally Posted by Bismarck
Didn't pass reading comprehension, did ya Ian? :P We got roasted on the timing, not on the deal itself. Pricewise and featurewise, my buddy got everything he wanted on the truck, including color of choice. So that side of it was just fine. $200 over invoice on the price, so not too bad for a popular vehicle.
-Bis
haha i only read a few words. "4 hours, dealer, screwed"

it's summer time i don't have to know anything!!
Old 07-01-2005, 01:48 PM

That's Ian for you. You should have him show you what he learns in school, bis. Especially when it comes to beer bottles and lighters. Bis why do you use military time?

- Dominique
Old 07-01-2005, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by nocargirl
That's Ian for you. You should have him show you what he learns in school, bis. Especially when it comes to beer bottles and lighters. Bis why do you use military time?

- Dominique
I'm certain that I REALLY don't wanna know what he does with beer bottles and lighters, regardless of where he learned to do it.

I've gotten used to the 24-hour time format at work. All the time and date stamps we use across all our internal systems are on the 24-hour clock, about 50% of which runs on GMT as well. Occasionally I'll slip up and list something in a 12-hour format, but by and large I just keep myself trained to use the 24-hour clock mainly for consistency than anything else.

-Bis
Old 07-01-2005, 04:53 PM

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o ok Was just wondering.

- Dominique
Old 07-05-2005, 04:36 PM

w00t, teh Kenny finished his motor swap!
And is using teh old hood from my car!
Be still my beating heart!
Also, early week *BUMP* long distance from Chicagoland!
-Cam
Old 07-06-2005, 03:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
whats up Cameron! howz chicago treatin ya? I hope all is well with you! When you coming back to visit us?

-Ted
Old 07-06-2005, 04:51 PM

Dude, I am *loving* it out here. The job market is treating me well, I have a killer place with a couple cool roomies, already had a couple close friends out here but have met new people, and have a new lady in my life ^_^
Everything is comin up Millhouse...er...Cameron!
I am gonna try and make it back in the next couple months, and if I do, I shall have to swing through BDG's, or at the very least, catch up with all of you.
-Cam
Old 07-07-2005, 10:30 AM

Cameron if you happen to come back to cali at the end of august, you will have to come party with me and everyone else for my 21st.

- Dominique

Quick Reply: Official: Big Dogs Grill - Thursdays - thread