Official: Big Dogs Grill - Thursdays - thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 06:29 AM

Car Info: none
Yayyyyyyy for Bis' car not dying!!!!!!!: banana: Well, the majority of the time I was the only chic there. I was going to BDG's for over a year, almost 2 years. Along with other meets as well.

- Dominique
Old 06-22-2005, 09:43 AM

Car Info: 06 Evolution IX MR Graphite Gray
Originally Posted by nocargirl
Yayyyyyyy for Bis' car not dying!!!!!!!: banana: Well, the majority of the time I was the only chic there. I was going to BDG's for over a year, almost 2 years. Along with other meets as well.

- Dominique
Heh no doubt. I'm pretty impressed, myself. Gotta review the data logs now and see where I need to adjust the map. And find out what the blinking CEL is all about.

I've seen various girlfriends / significant others show up here and there, but it's mostly a dudefest. It's rare to see girls showing up at car meet / shows unless they're out with a boyfriend or husband. But it does happen - and it makes for some really entertaining moments as the younger generation males try to fluff up their tail feathers to draw some of that coveted female attention.

-Bis
Old 06-22-2005, 01:59 PM

No one ever fluffed up their feathers when I was there. I was like one of the guys, I don't even think they really thought of me as a girl. *shrugs* I never had a significant other at the meet. I was there for the good times and awesome cars.

- Dominique
Old 06-22-2005, 02:06 PM

No one ever fluffed up their feathers when I was there. I was like one of the guys, I don't even think they really thought of me as a girl. *shrugs* I never had a significant other at the meet. I was there for the good times and awesome cars.

- Dominique
That's cool. Fitting in with gearheads is never easy (unless you're a gearhead yourself), so the fact that you did ups the cool factor.

-Bis
Old 06-22-2005, 06:59 PM

I liked hanging with them and going to Ted's house and just sitting there and watching them drinking beers, and doing other things Not naughty things like that. LOL Never mind. I used to go to the guys houses all the time and help out a little bit and just watch and learn. I learned a lot. I went from knowing nothing to knowing quite a bit. Not everything, but I learned a lot. It was dun, always had lots of good times:banana:

- Dominique
Old 06-22-2005, 07:37 PM

I liked hanging with them and going to Ted's house and just sitting there and watching them drinking beers, and doing other things Not naughty things like that. LOL Never mind. I used to go to the guys houses all the time and help out a little bit and just watch and learn. I learned a lot. I went from knowing nothing to knowing quite a bit. Not everything, but I learned a lot. It was dun, always had lots of good times:banana:

- Dominique
Heh that's cool. Sounds like a good time was had by all. One of these days I'll do a tech BBQ day or something at my house. Have some of the locals over to get work done on their cars, BBQ, jump in the pool when all's said and done. And if anyone gets outta hand, I'm sure I'll have more rounds of 12 gauge than there will be people showing up...

It's great that you learned a lot from the sidelines. A lot of people just want their cars to run at top performance levels or look really cool - without ever knowing or caring about the amount or the quality of work that went into to making that way.

-Bis
Old 06-22-2005, 09:29 PM

Yeah, they are great guys. If they were talking about something and I didn't understand then I would just ask and they would explain. I have no problem asking

- Dominique
Old 06-22-2005, 09:34 PM

Very cool. When someone's genuinely interested, it's so much easier to explain things to them.

Who knows, maybe one of these days you'll go from 'nocargirl' to 'SomeCarGirl' and start wrenching on it yourself.

-Bis
Old 06-23-2005, 09:32 AM

Looks like I'll be out at this thing tonight. At least for a cameo anyways. Working on about 4 hours of sleep so if I survive past 22:00 tonight, I'll be impressed.

-Bis
Old 06-23-2005, 11:38 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
i woke up this morning for work and i could barely turn my steering wheel. i backed down my driveway, got out of the car, and i'm leaking power steering fluid!! arrrgh. so i had to drive my sister's integra to work =[. hopefully by the time I get off work and get home, my dad will have fixed the problem somehow.

also...our saab 9000 turbo got stolen out of our driveway!. WTF!!! there's like never any crime in almaden valley..... also i had to the worst stomach ache on my commute to work =[
Old 06-23-2005, 01:15 PM

The same people who stole your Saab probably clipped your power steering lines as a symbol of saying, "Thanks for the car, man. We sincerely hope you enjoy driving your sister's Integra to work today."

-Bis
Old 06-23-2005, 01:47 PM

That sucks Ian

Hopefully one day I will have my own car and work on it myself. Who knows, we will see and
*long distance BUMP* for today:banana:

- Dominique
Old 06-23-2005, 05:41 PM

Car Info: 2013 WRX Hatchback
Anyone else showing up tonight? We had like 3-4 people last week... I'll be there
Old 06-23-2005, 05:47 PM

Yeah I'm gonna head down there around 19:30 or so to get a burger and hang for a while.

-Bis
Old 06-23-2005, 05:49 PM

Car Info: 2013 WRX Hatchback
7:30 eh? I'll be there around 8ish probbaly. anyone else?

Quick Reply: Official: Big Dogs Grill - Thursdays - thread