North Bay: Mt Hamilton Caravan post here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 12:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
Originally Posted by Krinkov
yeah I posted in that thread too, the logistics of getting in and out of the lot is not my biggest concern, that guy came out and said they were going to call the cops on us last time! There just HAS to be a better place to meet up, I just dont think there are too many people that plan ish as well as you around here Rich. hell theres a Target just 2 exits further up thats right off the onramp/offramp, I'll see if I can talk some sense into them...
I told those guys last year that they should meet up in the "Chevy's" parking lot on the other side of the Highway. The lot is just as big and the place isn't open. Plus the on/off ramps are right there. But they did not listen to me. Maybe we (the North Bay group) can get off the Hwy @ Powell. Wait in the Chevy's lot and call the guys at IKEA. Keep in touch by phone and get back on the Hwy when they do. Plus any of those guys can wait over there with us too.

What do you all think?
Or maybe we'll just forget about getting off the Hwy all together. Please let me know how you feel about that.

-rich
Old 07-03-2005, 02:30 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
anywhere else but Ikea, I posted in that thread but no one else has responded yet, I'll post again with a couple options, its not like any of this is set in stone. Any of us who have planned meets/drives before put a bit more thought into logistics but people that shouldnt be allowed to make decisions like this thought up Ikea last year and now everyones just doing it again without thinking, jeez!
Old 07-03-2005, 05:10 PM
VIP Member

I agree completely. Hopefully they will come to their sences. Who what's to try and drive though 10 stop lights with 50+ cars. Like they would have any chance of staying together.

-rich
Old 07-04-2005, 04:14 PM

Krispy Kream...uhmmmm.
Great place to start off a great day

If my car ain't done...u'll be seeing it being towed behind my Yukon with some chains and rope with me behind the wheel.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:40 AM
The Seventh Sister

Car Info: MY04 Forester XT
I totally agree on the IKEA thing. It would be silly to try the same thing again when they almost called the cops on us last year. The folks at IKEA made it VERY clear last time that we're not welcome there. If the East Bay caravan doesn't want to change it, maybe we should skip stopping there altogether and go straight to D&B to meet up with the rest of the groups. At least that way we can be reasonably sure that we won't get split up again.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:25 PM

Car Info: WRX '03
is this open for anyone on NB?.. i just got my i-club stickers installed by a professional lol.. now is time to start knowing members...
Old 07-05-2005, 04:51 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by binkiller
is this open for anyone on NB?.. i just got my i-club stickers installed by a professional lol.. now is time to start knowing members...
Well of course it is. It'll be great to have you along. Just meet up with jeremey (krinkov) @ the KK on the corner of Santa rosa Blvd / Yolanda. There you'll meet the rest of use down at LIC in Novato.

see ya there.

-rich
Old 07-05-2005, 05:53 PM

Car Info: WRX '03
great... i will.. i just came back yesterday from a road trip from mexico... i mess one of my wheels and brake other few things i just hope to have it fix for the meet =(
Old 07-06-2005, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by binkiller
great... i will.. i just came back yesterday from a road trip from mexico... i mess one of my wheels and brake other few things i just hope to have it fix for the meet =(
get a hold of the guys at LIC before you spend your money at some garage in town!

http://www.licmotorsports.com/
Old 07-06-2005, 05:00 AM
VIP Member

well it looks as though those East bay guys came to thier sences. We are now meeting up with them at the Chevy's right off the "Powell" exit in Emeriville. That way we all can get off and back on the Hwy easily. It's great when a plan starts to work out.

:banana:

-rich
Old 07-07-2005, 05:08 AM
VIP Member

Man, where the hell are all the North Bay guys. I can't believe that people aren't posting. It's more like they just never look in the "meets" forum. damn kids.

-rich
Old 07-07-2005, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by bushido
Man, where the hell are all the North Bay guys. I can't believe that people aren't posting. It's more like they just never look in the "meets" forum. damn kids.

-rich
Im going to make a sticky on the main bay area forum for everyone who waits till the last minutte

BTW everyone, I talked the eastbay guys down from the ledge on the IKEA meeting spot, its now the Chevys right off Powell st. exit, this might also not end up being the best meeting spot but at least its easy to get back onto the freeway from in a hurry in case the cops get called on us
Old 07-07-2005, 04:06 PM
VIP Member

Thanks Jeremy,
oh...and i believe that the Chevy's spot was the help of "both" of us

-rich
Old 07-08-2005, 11:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
Originally Posted by Krinkov
Im going to make a sticky on the main bay area forum for everyone who waits till the last minutte

BTW everyone, I talked the eastbay guys down from the ledge on the IKEA meeting spot, its now the Chevys right off Powell st. exit, this might also not end up being the best meeting spot but at least its easy to get back onto the freeway from in a hurry in case the cops get called on us
FYI: thats chevy's parking lot only holds like 30-50 cars....its very small and is a trap if you ask me.

-Noah
Old 07-08-2005, 12:37 PM

its a trap, lol

im having josh drive my car and ill be riding shotgun

Quick Reply: North Bay: Mt Hamilton Caravan post here.