NOR*CAL Drive 3, Sunday April 27th NEW DATE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 06:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
you guys are lucky my wind resistant lighters worked
Old 04-06-2008, 06:18 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
^ no, I ate only cause of the nice Mexican man and his grill lol
Old 04-06-2008, 08:06 PM

Car Info: 05 Mazda 3
add me please
Old 04-06-2008, 08:15 PM

Car Info: *WiDe AnD LoW*
add me too, im probably goin to roll with TSN and snap some pics as his co pilot
Old 04-07-2008, 12:21 AM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
^ no, I ate only cause of the nice Mexican man and his grill lol
and that was because i went up and asked him again cause you had no clue what he was saying
but that was your beer you gave him... which i STILLLLLLL have in the back of my car
i can almost gurantee you they are nice and shaken up too from that lil drive i just took a bit ago
Old 04-07-2008, 10:15 AM

^ well you can bring my beers and a 12 pack lol
Old 04-07-2008, 10:25 AM

Car Info: 07 WRX stage 2/ 05 Yamaha R6
Originally Posted by so steezy
add me too, im probably goin to roll with TSN and snap some pics as his co pilot
ha fosho
Old 04-07-2008, 07:23 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Wink

SO i was thinking about some things at work today. A couple are good ideas about the meet but I want all the people who are going to give thier 2 cents.

Me and my buddy, hyper hippo, were talking at work about the meet. My b-day is on the 21st and I am more excited about the meet than that:RockOn - not mine: , but anyway.

I had a great idea. I want to do a bad *** movie using video i get from this meet. I am talking gumball 3000 style movie, just more legal. Not the old movie but more the street video. I am really good at film editing and haven't been able to use my skill in a while (my wife making me do the wedding video doesnt count.)

A lot of the ideas I am considering are based off something my cousin did a long tiem ago and what we did the last meet and drive. I know things will be a bit different but I hope to stay along the same general concept. Let me know if anyone would even be into cooperating with something like this and if so I will get crackin on getting this going. It will require a little cooperation but i think it could turn out to be alot of fun.

My cousin did something like this with his BMW people and it turned out really good.

First, He jumped ahead of all the cars in the begining so you could see everyone driving onto the freeway for the first part. He passed everyone on the freeway so you could see all of his freinds driving as he passed each one.

They did a little backroad driving which he made look really cool in fast motion style. Then him and each of his buddies, like 12 of them i think, all introduced themselves and what type BMW they were driving, any mods they made, etc. And then he put it all to music. Edited it out all crazy like and I think he even got to show it at some BMW meet down in LA.

A few other things he did was as they did a lunch thing he "interviewed" if thats what you wanna call it, his friends and asked why they bought the car they did, had some stories of past things that happend going on in the backround while some of the driving was going on. They even had some previous drive videos that he was able to edit in. It will probably take me a week to do all the edit but I imagine it will turn out to be a bad *** video.

And for those of you wondering what my intent is to do with this movie I will tell you. I just want to make a cool video on how much fun we have. How we bring the families out. The range of ages of people driving the subies. I think we could get more people out on these types of things if they were able to see what was going on. Plus I have some younger bros I know they would love to show thier friends a video like that. I showed them pics and video of the last meet and drive and they thought it was the coolest thing they have ever seen, and other people with siblings/grand kids/spouses/gf etc., might like to show them something like that as well.

Plus if it turns out as awesome as I am dreaming it does, maybe at subie fest we can have a little showing. I am not looking to make a profit. Any that I do, if i do, i dont know how i would, would be put toward future meet and drives. ANd the bottom line is, I AM REALLY BORED. :bored: My wife and I work opposite hours and I am tired of playing HALO 3 all of the time, I cant do anything else to my car right now cuz of warranty issues and lack of funds issues. And i think it would be a fun project. ANyway I went on with this way longer then I intended to. I hope people read this and thank you in advance for taking the time to read this, however long it took you to read this.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:49 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Sounds cool...Many years ago there was a great video of a group of cars driving to Hammy and it had a great song in the backround (The song was the name of the video but I can't rememeber so I can't search it). Some of the other old timers may remember it. It was cool!
Old 04-08-2008, 03:16 PM

Car Info: .
^ well you can bring my beers and a 12 pack lol
Check your PMs.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:23 PM

Car Info: 2003 wrx 2006 sti motor
i would love to go ... kind of new to i-club... i drive an 03 wrx with an 06 sti swap..

may i tag along?
Old 04-08-2008, 06:34 PM

^ you can go as long as you are not as fast as me! lol
Old 04-08-2008, 06:43 PM

Car Info: another turbo, but not an import
^ you can go as long as you are not as fast as me! lol

cmon Matt, who can be as fast as you???
Old 04-08-2008, 07:03 PM

^ Good Point!
Old 04-08-2008, 07:47 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by rashley834
i would love to go ... kind of new to i-club... i drive an 03 wrx with an 06 sti swap..

may i tag along?
You need at least 2 post to go on this cruise. Looks like you're in.

Just bring a change of cloaths and you're choice of either a 9 iron or a goalie hockey stick.... prepare for initiation!!!

Quick Reply: NOR*CAL Drive 3, Sunday April 27th NEW DATE!