EQ Tuning Track Day - Thunderhill - June 23rd!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 12:27 AM

Car Info: '06 GT52'd STi '03 Miata SE
Thank you EQTuning

Thank you EQ! You guys did a great job hosting this track day. I can't wait for the next track day to happen. Everyone at the track day had a positive attitude and just enjoyed themselves throughout the day. What a great experience...

Name:  MF1A4399.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  101.7 KB
Old 06-24-2009, 08:54 AM

Car Info: Gray RSTi
Thanks again to EQ I had a great day meeting everyone down there and running with all the other Subies. Look forward to the next one thanks!
Name:  MF1A3505.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  56.9 KB

Brandon
Old 06-24-2009, 09:50 AM

Car Info: '06 GT52'd STi '03 Miata SE
Brandon, your car is badass man. Very nice car.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:19 AM

Car Info: none
Love the car brando..cant wait till my swap
Old 06-24-2009, 12:05 PM

Car Info: 3.2CL Type-S
Originally Posted by KrAzYkld
it was really hot out there. about 100 degrees. we weren't racing. this was an event for people to have a good time.
Yep it was crazy hot out there. Our cars were reading around 120* out on the tarmac, ouch. We're working on a better cooling system, so it won't matter next time.

I'm so glad you guys all came out and that you had fun. Having such cool customers and friend really made the day a blast! We will absolutely be having more track days in the future. All those that are interested please PM me your email addresses. That way I'll have a mailing list ready to go for next time. I can't wait!!

And if anyone forgot to get pictures from gotbluemilk.com they are available on his website and up already.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:22 PM

Car Info: 2008 Evo X
Hi everyone, I joined just to say thanks for such an awesome track day. I was one of the few non-subies, but it was a blast running with all of you. Thanks to the EQ guys and Sonya, lol, for putting this event on and taking a slight loss. However with that said it was the most fun and laid back track day ever. Turning 4 groups into 2 and then just open track was nice. I can't wait to see another EQ track day come along. I will be joining again for sure. Also stupid note...but that lunch was the best track lunch I have had. Haha. Thanks again everyone.

Name:  MF1A4258.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  67.6 KB

-Ray
Old 06-24-2009, 01:16 PM

Car Info: 3.2CL Type-S
Also, we found an gas cap at the track. So if one of you out there is driving around with your gas tank exposed stop by the shop.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:33 PM

Car Info: 07 STi, 02 F150-FX4, 04 ZX-636, 07 990 SuperDuke
I've got to say that this was the most fun I've had at the track EVAR!!!. Totally laid back, very small groups, and lots of fun. At times I thought the track closed down because it felt like I had it all to myself.

Personally, I prefer this format much better than the hustle and bustle of a filled trackday. I'd even pay a bit more just to keep it in this format as it was much less stressful and there was tons of tracktime.

--Pete ('07 STi rolling on 960AS's)

Last edited by pete; 06-24-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
I completely agree! If you wanted space, it was easy to get. If you wanted some cars to play with you just had to pit until a group of 4 or 5 came around. It was really nice and stress free. Super friendly atmosphere.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:21 PM

Car Info: 2008 Evo X
Originally Posted by pete
I've got to say that this was the most fun I've had at the track EVAR!!!. Totally laid back, very small groups, and lots of fun. At times I though the track closed down because it felt like I had it all to myself.

Personally, I prefer this format much better than the hustle and bustle of a filled trackday. I'd even pay a bit more just to keep it in this format as it was much less stressful and there was tons of tracktime.

--Pete ('07 STi rolling on 960AS's)
I completely agree. Once when I was on track I looked and didn't see another car. I was thinking "did I blow thru the checker flag?" LOL! Then I saw the Corvette and a blue STi. So few cars on the track at the end of the day it was amazing!

-Ray
Old 06-24-2009, 03:24 PM

Car Info: Gray RSTi
Originally Posted by Sonya@EQTuning
Also, we found an gas cap at the track. So if one of you out there is driving around with your gas tank exposed stop by the shop.
Ha I was looking all over for it. I figured I left it at the Chevron in Willows. I had a extra one and replaced it already, but it would be an excuse to drive from Chico to come by the shop. Thanks
Brandon.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:44 PM

Car Info: 1998 M3, 2016 WRX
Originally Posted by Bfreeskier
Thanks again to EQ I had a great day meeting everyone down there and running with all the other Subies. Look forward to the next one thanks!

Brandon
your car was sick as hell! hauled *** throughout the track!

Originally Posted by xbox4414
Hi everyone, I joined just to say thanks for such an awesome track day. I was one of the few non-subies, but it was a blast running with all of you. Thanks to the EQ guys and Sonya, lol, for putting this event on and taking a slight loss. However with that said it was the most fun and laid back track day ever. Turning 4 groups into 2 and then just open track was nice. I can't wait to see another EQ track day come along. I will be joining again for sure. Also stupid note...but that lunch was the best track lunch I have had. Haha. Thanks again everyone.

-Ray
nice *** evo! thing was fast! i was riding with Chris and saw you shoot out some nice flames!
Old 06-24-2009, 05:37 PM

Ha I was looking all over for it. I figured I left it at the Chevron in Willows. I had a extra one and replaced it already, but it would be an excuse to drive from Chico to come by the shop. Thanks
Brandon.
So that was you! I pulled up and the Subaru that was filling up was gone. picked up the cap and sure enough it was a Subaru cap. I figured that you would be at the track so I handed it to Ed's crew.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Brandon.
Gives me an excuse to go to the shop (a mile away) so I can get another ride in that obnoxious RSTi!!
Old 06-24-2009, 06:09 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Originally Posted by xbox4414

-Ray

Did Ed get your contact info? He's planning on doing another one, you can help advertise on the EVO boards and get the slots filled up more so Ed doesn't have to eat it to put on another great event

Quick Reply: EQ Tuning Track Day - Thunderhill - June 23rd!