6/5/05 mt hammy mines rd round#2

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 01:15 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon
I have been on a few group drives over the years, but yesterday was by far the best (even though I got a nasty crack on my windshield due to flying rocks/gravel/whatever). I have never driven up Mt. Hamilton before, and it was a quite an experience...if nothing else, following all you maniacs showed me that I REALLY need to invest in some upgraded suspension and brakes before the next one!

I haven't been a member of i-club for that long, so this was my first time in meeting most of you. Good to connect faces to the names. I will upload whever photos I managed to get later on today.

Sign me up for the next one!

Jason / Method One (the guy with the blue '03 wagon)
Old 06-06-2005, 01:44 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by method1
I have been on a few group drives over the years, but yesterday was by far the best (even though I got a nasty crack on my windshield due to flying rocks/gravel/whatever). I have never driven up Mt. Hamilton before, and it was a quite an experience...if nothing else, following all you maniacs showed me that I REALLY need to invest in some upgraded suspension and brakes before the next one!

I haven't been a member of i-club for that long, so this was my first time in meeting most of you. Good to connect faces to the names. I will upload whever photos I managed to get later on today.

Sign me up for the next one!

Jason / Method One (the guy with the blue '03 wagon)
I picked up a couple smaller cracks in my windshield....all and all I bet I have close to 100 nicks at this point....doesn't bother me anymore. Just glad I have clearbra on the front of my car.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:50 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I picked up a couple smaller cracks in my windshield....all and all I bet I have close to 100 nicks at this point....doesn't bother me anymore. Just glad I have clearbra on the front of my car.

As the drive went on, the crack in my windshield grew with each passing mile...by the time I got home it was at least six inches long. Oh well - these things happen, so I'm not pissed about it or anything. I'm getting the windshield replaced tomorrow, and then saving for shocks, brake lines and pads
Old 06-06-2005, 02:26 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by method1
As the drive went on, the crack in my windshield grew with each passing mile...by the time I got home it was at least six inches long. Oh well - these things happen, so I'm not pissed about it or anything. I'm getting the windshield replaced tomorrow, and then saving for shocks, brake lines and pads

holy crap.....that was bad one..mine are all small...one decent one.

Get a quality replacement...don't get some crappy one or it'll just crack again. Our stock ones suck. BOOOOO>

when I replace mine I want to get one based off the 05 windows. Have those black dots along the top..nice.

yeah...brakes are coming soon for me. Just can't decide if I want to do rotors/lines pads or just suck it up and save a little longer and get brembos all the way around.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by kurohyou
Who was driving rx7?

Hi guys im the rx7 guy.

Very sorry about the spin out coming off the freeway haha, sorry about no front plate(car never came with one), I can say **** about why i spun out right off the free way but hey ill just say i had lack of talent.

That drive was amazing. Had another close call but came out A O K. Learned a lot from it and doing a lot of mods for the next run, next month. Hopefully i get my drivetrain swap in and do my engine mod to give me some more horses so that i can actually go a lot fast.

But first tires (thank you Seoul (justin) for your old tires) toyo proxes RA-1 or S0-3s, second sway bars, third if lucky ill have new strut bars front and rear. but most importantly alignment. I goin to be running a extreme camber -2 degrees front and rear. Want to test it out and see how it works out.

GLad everyone came out safe.

Had a lot of fun and thank you for welcoming to the drive.

Jason
Old 06-08-2005, 12:00 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
wdup jason

-Ave
Old 06-08-2005, 09:11 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by k1n0y
Hi guys im the rx7 guy.

Had a lot of fun and thank you for welcoming to the drive.

Jason
welcome aboard. It was a hell of a drive. Had a good time tailing you for much of the drive.

Car is gonna be twitchy as hell with that camber set up..be careful.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:56 AM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
holy crap.....that was bad one..mine are all small...one decent one.

Get a quality replacement...don't get some crappy one or it'll just crack again. Our stock ones suck. BOOOOO>

when I replace mine I want to get one based off the 05 windows. Have those black dots along the top..nice.

yeah...brakes are coming soon for me. Just can't decide if I want to do rotors/lines pads or just suck it up and save a little longer and get brembos all the way around.
brakes, lines, rotors and oil are good. Unless you're james. ;x
Old 06-08-2005, 02:23 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
pads, rotors, lines are a good upgrade but pick your pads carefully. I've gone through several sets. Right now I'm using the PBR ceramic pads (same as Axxis Ultimates). They're deffinately the best I've tried, but I still managed glaze the crap out of them following James and his Brembo's . These pads deffinately didn't fade nearly as much as the rest I've tried, but I still haven't found a set that won't glaze on a drive like this.... maybe I should just stop trying to keep up with all the BBK's
Old 06-08-2005, 04:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
pads, rotors, lines are a good upgrade but pick your pads carefully. I've gone through several sets. Right now I'm using the PBR ceramic pads (same as Axxis Ultimates). They're deffinately the best I've tried, but I still managed glaze the crap out of them following James and his Brembo's . These pads deffinately didn't fade nearly as much as the rest I've tried, but I still haven't found a set that won't glaze on a drive like this.... maybe I should just stop trying to keep up with all the BBK's
I have had really good luck with Porterfield R4-S pads. I have a set ready to go on the RS, so we'll see. I use them on an '80 Celica coupe on the track with just SS lines and a rear disc conversion and they never give me problems where others (Axxis MM, KVR C/F) have. Doing pads and SS lines is IMHO one of the very best first-step upgrades.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
ide love to get a bbk but pads and lines and the rest should do fine for now
Old 06-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
next drive: https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-donuts-91/coastline-redwoods-tour-skyline-blvd-hwy-1-more-sunday-june-26th-%40-8-00-m-101615/
Old 06-08-2005, 10:01 PM

haha camber isnt goin to be that extreme actually. but i found what tires im picking up next and they arent S0-3 or RA-1 they are Advan Neova.

Been asking around for alignment set up for my car and getting some feed back. But we'll have to see how it works out when it comes to the roads.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:44 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
Originally Posted by k1n0y
haha camber isnt goin to be that extreme actually. but i found what tires im picking up next and they arent S0-3 or RA-1 they are Advan Neova.

Been asking around for alignment set up for my car and getting some feed back. But we'll have to see how it works out when it comes to the roads.
I'm curious about the Advan Neovas as well when my S-03s wear out.

check out www.rogerkrausracing.com for alignments, they do phenomenal work
Old 06-14-2006, 10:40 AM

Car Info: a prius, a miata, & 2 m3's
bump, these drive meets are fun. another drive in late June?

Quick Reply: 6/5/05 mt hammy mines rd round#2