**Davis/Sacramento Meet!! Now on May 30th**

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 02:59 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
i know some of you guys took videos, so post them up!

im working on mines right now. too bad i didnt get the accident..... everytime i say im gonna stop recording, something always happens. ima record everything next time.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by RALIWGN
My bad - so many Subies, and you were standing in front of that one while we were hanging out... I'll bet I would have remembered if you'd gone on the drive with us! Shows I need to go to more meets & drives to match the face & name with the car.

See you @ the next one!
hahaha naw its all good. we were standing infont of the 08 for a while...closer to the shade
Old 06-01-2009, 09:20 PM

CIMG5183.AVI - 290.73MB
theres the video link for the small slow group that was getting lost and trying to follow. i was in it. sorry if my dash causes too much glare, and the video is shaky at times because that was the bumpy part of the drive.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
i know some of you guys took videos, so post them up!

im working on mines right now. too bad i didnt get the accident..... everytime i say im gonna stop recording, something always happens. ima record everything next time.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Churro Aficionado

ill have to check out ur vid
Old 06-02-2009, 06:31 PM

Car Info: 07 Limited STI SWP
my video should be up soon.....
Old 06-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Churro Aficionado

do post
Old 06-02-2009, 09:30 PM

Car Info: 2006 Impreza
Arrow

Originally Posted by Rescuer
glad everybody is OK.

orange gatorade ftw

that AMR guy at rs25 said:

it's not the car, it's the driver. if you went by your logic, then people would look at my stock non-turbo impreza, stock suspension, and think it has no chance against an STI!!!
I hate when people compare cars to state who is faster when it's all driver ability
Yes it's indeed driver ability. You also have to factor in road conditions as well. But I don't know anything and this was my first meet and cruise. Whenever I go out with friends I'm always last car behind. Check out the video with the "crazy old lady" you'll see me as one of last car. I'm not confident with my abilities and this is why I don't push myself when it comes to unfamiliar territories.

But I digress, furthermore the driver's ability was not comparable to the vehicle's.

FWIW, in past I've taken 193 route turning at 60-65 MPH ( 35 MPH ) numerous times while staying within my own lane. This however does not make me a rally/professional driver.

This past weekend's incident, I drove legal speed limit and for whatever reason went over the gravel. **** hit fan. The car did what it was supposed to do and that was save a human life. I say it makes me bad driver

SkillSTimotivator.jpg?t=1244003267

but friends as well as others have told me it makes me an unfortunate driver.

I've been trying to recall the event over and over and I can't for the life of me overcome what happened. Buddy of mine once said "Race car drivers make mistakes too"

Again, I'm not trying to compare myself to the latter. Their skills far exceed mine by long shot.

Perhaps I should've brought my Initial D soundtrack

BTW, this dude was awesome. I spoke with him briefly. He was well ahead of the pack while carrying 4 people including himself. I was driving within my ability hence trailing him by several cars:

Anyone know his name/handle?

Name:  DSCN1519-1.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  66.1 KB

Last edited by SiR-ed8; 06-02-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:07 AM

Ivan, it was great to meet you (you were asking me about my REO1Rs). I'm sorry about what happened and your car, but I'm glad it wasn't worse. At least you can recognize for the most part what went wrong and learn from this experience. Like you said, **** happens, accidents happen. It could have been any one of us. Glad you are ok.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Churro Aficionado

deff glad you were not hurt, still sucks about the car but like you said, its not a life
Old 06-03-2009, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by SiR-ed8
BTW, this dude was awesome. I spoke with him briefly. He was well ahead of the pack while carrying 4 people including himself. I was driving within my ability hence trailing him by several cars:

Anyone know his name/handle?

i believe that might be -TOUGEMONSTER-? correct me if im wrong.

btw, who made that motivational picture for you? haha
Old 06-03-2009, 03:02 PM

Car Info: 95' L
I busted up at that poster but man i'm glad you are okay.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:04 PM

Car Info: 07 Limited STI SWP
hey sir-ed8 wassup bro....yeah that stiff dude with the psm wrx is me...thanks for the praise, thats why im the tougemonster but all jokes aside i still have alot to learn....glad ur ok bro....ran up that hill as fast as my little short legs could carry me when i saw it all happened....dont worry urself too much...**** happens.....trust me i know.......take it easy bro
Old 06-03-2009, 07:16 PM

Arrow

Originally Posted by jonnydajibba
Ivan, it was great to meet you (you were asking me about my REO1Rs). I'm sorry about what happened and your car, but I'm glad it wasn't worse. At least you can recognize for the most part what went wrong and learn from this experience. Like you said, **** happens, accidents happen. It could have been any one of us. Glad you are ok.
You were with two other guys right? You were wearing shades with red frames ( ? )

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
i believe that might be -TOUGEMONSTER-? correct me if im wrong.

btw, who made that motivational picture for you? haha
That was me. I took liberty of doing it before anyone did. Ironically I saw a video in past where wrx/sti ( it may have been evo ) and same thing happened to them. Now I know how it feels.

Glad you like the motivation pic :beer:

Originally Posted by -TOUGEMONSTER-
hey sir-ed8 wassup bro....yeah that stiff dude with the psm wrx is me...thanks for the praise, thats why im the tougemonster but all jokes aside i still have alot to learn....glad ur ok bro....ran up that hill as fast as my little short legs could carry me when i saw it all happened....dont worry urself too much...**** happens.....trust me i know.......take it easy bro
Yeah dude there's this other member on RS25 talking out of his bum when he wasn't even there. I've dealt with trolls before and I'm not going to waste my time because I know he's behind his keyboard and thinks he's the end all be all. Bet he has mad stickers on his ride. It must add crazy HP.

I didn't care how far behind I was from you because I've never driven that route before and not only that it's supposed to be a cruise and not a race. I enjoyed it nonetheless sans incident. The funniest thing was when we all stopped on top of hill because no one knew where to go hahah. Just glad the dude with gf had print out of map.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:22 PM

Arrow

Originally Posted by iwantasubie
I busted up at that poster but man i'm glad you are okay.
I want to make sure but correct me, is your handle Kostamojen on RS25? Glad you liked it bro

Quick Reply: **Davis/Sacramento Meet!! Now on May 30th**