Latest i-Club Reviews, Features, and Articles Features, product reviews, tech, and news

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Announced!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 04:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: GF8 ver6
The 2.5-liter horizontally opposed ("boxer") four-cylinder engine is based on a specially reinforced "semi-closed deck" engine block with forged aluminum alloy pistons, forged high-carbon steel connecting rods and sodium filled exhaust valves. This advanced powerplant incorporates Subaru AVCS (Active Valve Control System) variable valve timing technology to optimize the engine's volumetric efficiency throughout the rev band. This is the first application of this technology on a Subaru in North America. The large capacity intercooler includes a manually operated water spray feature to provide additional cooling.
semi-closed and AVCS on 2.5 liter!
still can't believe it's a 2.5 and 300ps. crazy!
Old 01-06-2003, 05:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: GF8 ver6
BBS and Potenza RE070 too...
US market will never be the same from now on.
It will be the hottest performance market in the world with EVO, STi, RX8, GTR, M3, GT3......
I bet Honda is thinking about bringing typeR again right about now.
Old 01-06-2003, 05:35 PM

Car Info: ayo for yayo
this is soooo amazing. i am in complete awe...........wow.

2.5l engine swap.....mmmm...how much do you think it would cost to buy one direct? or perhaps out of a wrecked

and lets not forget a 6 speed

and im serious, because i will start saving up now.
Old 01-06-2003, 05:48 PM

Thumbs up

OMG!! I think my heart just skipped a few beats. I've gotta get rid of my car..... I NEED THE NEW STi. This car is gonna WHOP!! some major ****. Subaru finally listened to all the enthusiasts.
Old 01-06-2003, 06:02 PM

Originally posted by EJ20STi
THE CAR IS SWEET!! but my concern is that the engine might be a lil bit too heavy... what they should've done is to boost the EJ20 internally instead of increasing the displacement... i would say the engine gained about 100lb but maybe is worth it for 300hp... i think i will keep my 2003 REX for another 2-3 years until they come out with a new one coz i already done too much things to it that i can not just give it up for a heavier car... besides is like 10,000 more than the WRX... well just a though... =)
They wanted to make a real splash and set it apart from the WRX, 300 hp / torque among many many other things will make that happen. The increase in displacement allows for easy hp gains without having to tune it aggressively while maintaining the U.S. standards for emissions and octane availabilty.
Tom..
Old 01-06-2003, 06:14 PM

i think i just busted one!

With all the goodies i hope the price isnt gonna be too high. and any word on how many of these will be sold here in the US?
Old 01-06-2003, 06:34 PM

Originally posted by Sloppy Joe
They wanted to make a real splash and set it apart from the WRX, 300 hp / torque among many many other things will make that happen. The increase in displacement allows for easy hp gains without having to tune it aggressively while maintaining the U.S. standards for emissions and octane availabilty.
Tom..
5000 to 6000. The number is still not decided..

Quick Reply: 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Announced!