Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

weird noise (through access hole in firewall)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 06:24 PM

Car Info: 2004 subaru wrx
wierd noise

hey guys i have a 2004 wrx and i had a question iv noticed i got a wierd noice coming from my engine here is the thing i got all my a-pillar wires and an amp power wire runing threw a gromit in the fire wall the one right by the clutch pedal. i cant get the gromit back in and iv noticed that i am hearing a fast ticking noise almost like an exaust leak but it isnt one it is usually when i am driving at between 2000 and 5000 rpms or when i am coming down a steep hill in say like 3rd. what im asking is. is the noise i am hearing just the motor noise because the gromet is out or could it be a problem im not to sure cause no one around has the same kinda car as i do. so i have no one to ask if they hear the same noise as i do

can some one pull there gromet out and check and see if they hear the ticking like noise i do?
Old 04-15-2006, 09:23 PM

Car Info: Subaru?
i dont need to pull mine out to reasure you... i have amp wiring too, and the rubber thingy fell out once and i was like wth is that ticking/whirly sound? then i checked and realized that the rubber piece had fallen out of place. upon putting it back in, the sound went away.