Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Waxer Buffer Polisher

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 02:14 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX with BOV, mudflap
Waxer Buffer Polisher

does anyone use Waxer Buffer Polisher ? I am thinking to get one and would like to hear from you. Just hoping it will give me a more shinny "effect".
Old 09-06-2005, 08:38 AM

Car Info: 02-04R-STi PPG's FP-Green 391whp
I have a real pro type buffer. The cheep "home joby" orbital buffers that you can get at Walmart and auto parts stores are not what U rilly need. All they do is take off the wax-polish with out using your own hands. They leave sworls, they dont take off watermarks and other hard to get off stuff like year old bug guts and the like. BUT BE WARNED!!!! if U go and drop $200 some bucks on a pro set-up with wax's and polishes it wont make U a pro. Knowing how to handel a real buffer is a freekin skill and it has to be learned. Trust me I found that out even after I was shown how to use the one I have by a pro. If U get a buffer, practice on a beater car or go get a hood from a junk yard first. Make sure that the buffer has a speed control from 750ish to 4500 not just a randon speed trigger.....diff speeds for polish and wax. Or better yet find one to barrow.....you only rilly need to deep clean the paint once a year if you get a good coat of wax on it 3-4 times a year. I still have yet to wax my car better with my buffrer than by hand, and I have been using it for 3 years. You have so much more control hand waxing, but there is no comparison when it comes to polishing with a buffer.