Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Sti RA badging justification question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 03:14 PM

Question Sti RA badging justification question...

I recently broke a couple gears in my 02 wrx and ordered the sti ra gearset. I have the following mods: Turbo xs stage 3 w/ sti intercooler, sti hood scoop, turbo timer, intake, and a couple other things like rims what what-not. I am not a big fan of goofy kids putting a SiR badge on their civic ex and thinking they are cool. I make fun of these people. With my few current sti parts (no badging, yet) and my gearset on the way...I wanted to take a vote on whether or not to get the STi or even the STi RA badges?? All I am trying to aviod is being the moron that has a stock Integra LS with a type R badge on it with no type R engine and the ridicule that follows...any input would be helpful.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:12 PM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
i think there was a thread on this awhile back, but if you got the parts then put the badges on if you want, the sti badge shouldnt be bad and if you have ra gears then go for the sti ra badge....its totally up to you, cuz hahaha there is no comparison whatsoever to those dorks that put type-r on their non type-r integs, unless of course they invested money to do the entire type r conversion, then maybe its justified....just my .02
Old 09-13-2004, 06:46 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
There is a lot more to real Type RA than what you have. So IMHO, don't do it. However, a regular STi badge won't hurt much.