Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

STi intercooler sprayer switch in 03 WRX?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 10:01 AM

Car Info: 03 Blue WRX
STi intercooler sprayer switch in 03 WRX?

Hey,
I bought the STi intercooler sprayer switch thinking for some reason it would only have a power/ground/power to pump. Does the stock WRX wirign harness have the plug neccesary on it to make the switch work or will I ahve to just test each prong and then wire it in to make it work?
Old 01-22-2004, 09:48 PM

Car Info: 2002 Wrb WRX sedan
I'd be interested in knowing this also. I too purchased the button. I went to the dealer today to see if I could buy the STi connector and sprayer pump and he told me that Subaru does not sell individual harnesses. I took that to mean that both the STi and the WRX have the same wiring harness. Does that sound like a posibility? He said that if I wanted to do it I would probably have to buy the whole one and cut-and-splice. If anyone with a WRX has used the STi dashmounted button successfully please let me know.

Todd
Old 04-20-2004, 11:28 PM

This is what I think is going to happen. I believe that the STi wiring harness is different than the WRX's. As for the WRX, i'm hoping that the Sedan and Wagons have the same harness. If so, then the wiring for the Wagon's rear washer pump should be right under the blank next to the cruise control. It shouuld be as easy as hooking up (or replacing the sedan washer fluid bottle with the wagon's) another pump in the blank used for the wagon (there's already an extra plug there) and then pop the STi water sprayer button into the blank and hopefully connecting to the harness already behind that blank. I am going to take a look within the next few days to find out. If anyone else already knows the answer or has some tips of things i'll need to look out for please post.

Thanks,
Todd
Old 04-22-2004, 02:28 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
you might be better off just flushing out the washer fluid bottle out and using your stock wiper sprayer.

just a thought and possibly the cheaper route. . .
Old 04-22-2004, 01:08 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB
the sti sprayer is wired into the ecu for the automatic mode. when in auto it will spray whenever a certain temp or something..

for 03 you should get the older switch, it isn't a toggle just a push button. if you have a sedan you can use the wiring that's left in there for the rear windshield wiper that you don't have (its only on wagons).. all you need is the 2nd pump that goes on your washer resevoir and wire up the button where it normally goes on the wagon. it's a switched ground and is pretty simple to hook up
Old 05-05-2004, 09:24 AM

I already check and didn't see and harness to attach to the sprayer button. I think that the wagon's rear washer pump is activated (on the wagon) through the right arm on the steering column and not through a switch on the left of the steering column. That's what I had initially hoped and would just be a simple install. It seems like one would have to get a plug and about 6 inches of wire from a wreck and slice into the wires of either the cruise control or fog lights button and then either trace the pump power/ground to under the dash or just run new wires straight to the switch.
Todd