Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Sti HID projector headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 06:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 WRX WRB
Yes LHD STi lights = EDM (European Domestic Market), they are identical to the JDMs except for the beam pattern and are sold in European countries that use LHD (Switzerland, Germany etc).
That bright blue light may look cool and have lots of bling, but for maximum light it is best to stay with a lower temperature HID (5000K max) which will produce whiter and more visible light.
Old 05-25-2003, 05:34 PM

Car Info: 2007 Legacy GT Spec B
Originally posted by Mulder
Yes LHD STi lights = EDM (European Domestic Market), they are identical to the JDMs except for the beam pattern and are sold in European countries that use LHD (Switzerland, Germany etc).
There is actually ANOTHER difference between the EDM and JDM Sti headlamps (02-03): The EDM lamps have levelling motors which can adjust illumination height from inside the cabin with a switch and the proper wiring. The JDM lamps do not have these motors.

Ed
Old 05-25-2003, 06:35 PM
VIP Member

Yes, you're correct about that. The EDMs do include the leveling motors although they aren't supplied with the switch and wiring to make them operational, you have to source those separately.
The lights are fully operational without the leveling function and can be aimed normally using the adjusting screws. The purpose of the leveling motors is to allow for some in-car control of vertical aiming to compensate for different weight loads. It's a nice option but not essential.
Old 05-25-2003, 10:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Originally posted by GDB_Dragun
I like the STi JDM looks and I can't seem to find any pics of the EDM sti headlights. You did mention they were hard to find though.

:edit: I found a pic of a LHD STI lights, im guessing thats the same as the EDM so I guess ill go for that. I still got the question about the HID though.
this is the only place I have been able to find them.http://www.cc-b.com/index.html
Old 12-04-2003, 02:04 PM

Car Info: (2005 OBP STi - RIP), 2008 BMW M3
Does anyone know if the HID projector headlights are LHD or RHD?
Old 12-04-2003, 06:12 PM
VIP Member

If you are referring to the OEM STi HID lights, they are available only in the JDM version which is RHD.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:32 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRB Wagon Ltd.
hey to all,

I know that this thread is a little old but I have a question??

I have a set of JDM hids, they are currently installed in my car and I have the levelling motors all hooked up and they work just great. I have also aimed them as far to the right as possible to minimize the possibility of blinding someone.

OK, so here is my question, when you turn the park light swithch on in the car which lights come on in the headlight? My small white lights come on in the top portion of the headlight. These lights also come on when I turn on the city light switch on the top of the steering column. The reason I ask is that on the cover of the May 2004 of TURBO magazine the blue WRX has the yellow turn signals illuminated and not the top white city lights.

Super
Old 03-29-2004, 11:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Black 2003 WRX Sedan
Subydude (www.subydude.com) also has the STi LHD lights. I have them and they are way better than the RHD lights. deff worth the money.
Old 04-18-2004, 01:23 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
owners of OEM HID STI headlights... where did you install the ballast bracket in the engine bay? I cannot seem to locate where it is SUPPOSED to go. someone please post a pic
Old 10-28-2004, 02:40 PM

Car Info: 2002 Wrb WRX sedan
Bringing an old post back to life. I need some help locating a place for my ballasts. Thanks in advance.
Todd
Old 10-28-2004, 03:33 PM

Hey Todd,

I wedged/stuck the left one under or next to the battery tray so that is where I put that one. The one on the right was placed inboard of the ABS manifold. I used double sided tape to adhere both of them to the car and have to had one problem with them.

Hope this helps Super
Old 10-28-2004, 03:38 PM

Here is one of the pics you can see the ballast. I do not have a pic of the other one sorry

Super

Quick Reply: Sti HID projector headlights