Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

STI Gauge Cluster Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 07:40 PM

STI Gauge Cluster Please Help

Hi all,

I have just installed a 04' STI Gauge cluster onto my02 wagon. The cluster itself works perfectly but the 15amp fuse for the radio and the clock keeps on blowing. Does anyone has any experience in this and possibly a fix? thankyou.

A few things i noticed for the cluster swop:

1) the DCCD will remain on, even tho the my02 do have this feature
2) the outside temperature meter does not work but will remain at the temp when the gauge was removed
3) the rear differential temperature light remains on
Old 07-02-2004, 08:59 PM

Car Info: 04 WRX Wagon
I don't know about a fix for the fuse that's blowing. Never heard of that happening. Check out scoobymods.com for more info on the swap.

As for the lights that are remaining on; DCCD and rear diff temp, just take the bulbs out of the socket and replace the socket in the cluster if you want them to remain off.

The outside temp gauge won't work until you install an outside temp sensor. I hear its a lot of work to do this, but its really nice to have one installed. Once again, refer to scoobymods.com and search for STi Cluster Swap or something similar and you'll find what you're looking for. Good luck!
Old 07-02-2004, 10:11 PM

thank you

very much
Old 07-04-2004, 04:43 PM

Up and running

Thankyou for the help, i cut B28 and i am good now. Thankyou again.
Old 08-14-2004, 02:50 PM

Car Info: '04 Silver WRX
I have a '04 - B28 wire non exisitance???? on 04

Hi

I am doing the STi Cluster swap. I have a question regarding pin B28. I am following the Scooby forum install how to.

I have already make the voltage regulator circuit and all. And now I'm on the final part, connecting wire B28.

Well, as I go through the wires, I noticed that there isn't a B28 wire coming out from the harness. I have a '04 WRX. So before I start connecting anything, i just plugged the cluster and started teh car up, and no issues. (Like others having their radio fuse blow out).

Do you know if the '04 eliminated this B28 wire/pin? If so, is the B28 just a "power/hot" wire thats on constantly or is it an ignition wire? if so I can just connect it to a power source???

Thanks

Waiman