Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

STi Buckets - Help needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 12:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: GF8 ver6
It will go in but I heard you'll end up sitting higher than you are now.

seems like the new seats are taller.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:46 PM

Car Info: Impreza OBSTI Ver. V
seat fitment

i don't know what the general rules of fitment are, i can only tell you what i've experienced in trying to fit some sparcos in my 96OBS. i got the brackets that attach the seat to the car from wedge engineering. since they don't have 96 or earlier i got the brackets that fit impreza years: 97-01(the wagon, coupe or 4 door seem to be the same..at least according to wedge). they unfortunetly did not fit. i found this suprising and unbelievable since i had WRX seats(2002) fitted to my OBS that were alittle high. so i went back to the sparco dealer(who uses wedge for the brackets) and got the wrx seat brackets and they fit my car perfectly, just(again) alittle high. fortunetly the wedge brackets come with three holes to set them high medium or low. i have them set on high because one of the holes can only be set to high untill you cut off some xtra metal material. i was told by wedge that this would not compromise the seat saftey and that the only bad thing is its not reversable. as soon as i find a metal worker around here(maine) i'll do it.

so to sum up:
again this is just my experience and i'm extrapolating to all other cars and i'm assuming that the 97-01 brackets were not faultly for the fitment, but:

02 seats(and their brackets) will fit '96 (and this probably includes 93-96) but just alittle high.
02 seats brackets do not fit 97-01 cars
it would be interesting to see if anyone has run into problems fitting wrx seats into a RS. if so i would say the above info is accurate if not i would say its an isolated incident with just some fualty brackets.

sorry i know its long but just wanted to post my experiences in the matter.
-Lou
Old 01-09-2003, 01:24 AM

Can't help the original poster as I've never seen those seats in a GC8 or heard of anyone doing that before.

I recall hearing about someone with WRX seats in a GC8 though. From what I can remember, the front seats fit fine though the rears sit a bit higher. I think that was a GC8 coupe, if it makes a difference.

I have the V4 STi seats in my MY00 RS sedan and the ride height is fine though the right-side seat is the narrow one and also has the height adjustability ****.