Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Opinion i know, but let me have it

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 08:40 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX - Blue
Opinion i know, but let me have it

I just ordered an STi hood scoop for my '03 WRX. i am getting it painted blue to match the car, but i want to set it a part a little. i was thinking of getting the subby logo in pearl on the back of the scoop, so you could see it from in the car when the light hits it. but then i was thinking getting the word subaru or wrx insted. then it hit me, get the WRX; Impreza logo from the trunk on there (i just debaged my trunk, thought it would be cool to have the logo on the scoop though).
Please everybody share your opinions. if you can think of anything cool that i havnt come up with, let me know!!! also, if anybody has done anything like this and will share pics, i would love to see what others have done and get some good ideas. thanks!!!
Old 12-12-2005, 10:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
sounds like it would look a bit tacky. if you're going to put something on it make it a flat serface. like a sticker, plus if you don't like it it would peel off easy.

you could also consider the words "EJ20 Turbo"

another thing you could so that would set it apart would be to paint the whole scoop flat back. that would also help when the sun would be reflecting off of it.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:23 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
If I were you I'd just get a carbon fiber scoop or paint this one satin black (without gloss) for teh JDM win!!!! Or you could powder coat it. That'd be unique.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:38 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Not a bad idea, as long as you use something flat like someone else mentioned. Or, if you could get it to work right, I think having some small badging on the side of the scoop (sort of like a muscle car I guess...) would look pretty cool.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:28 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Originally Posted by MVWRX
Or, if you could get it to work right, I think having some small badging on the side of the scoop (sort of like a muscle car I guess...) would look pretty cool.
a - find a sticker or logo you want to use

b - have them paint a base coat on the scoop with the color you want for the lettering(i would do a lighter shade of blue)

c - place the stickers where you want em, i would do it on the sides, but thats just my opinion

d - have them spray the scoop to match your car's color, remove stickers and then clear it

-then you have a custom painted logo hood scoop, I think it would look pretty sick, I think a lighter shade of blue would look good.....almost like a ghosted logo so not everyone see's it....
Old 12-17-2005, 01:51 AM

Car Info: '06 impreza obs
Originally Posted by case1
a - find a sticker or logo you want to use

b - have them paint a base coat on the scoop with the color you want for the lettering(i would do a lighter shade of blue)

c - place the stickers where you want em, i would do it on the sides, but thats just my opinion

d - have them spray the scoop to match your car's color, remove stickers and then clear it

-then you have a custom painted logo hood scoop, I think it would look pretty sick, I think a lighter shade of blue would look good.....almost like a ghosted logo so not everyone see's it....
i concur with this. or, if you know anyone that does custom plotter-cut vinyl graphics, you can dream up a logo yourself, or put the wrx/impreza logo together as it was on your badge in the graphics program, cut a product called 'gerber mask' which is basically masking tape for a plotter/cutter machine and apply that to the scoop prior to painting. it would be better to use this stuff than vinyl graphics because vinyl can react with paint and cause a mess, and it wont leave adhesive on the newly painted surface.

i'm really liking that basecoat for the lettering/car color for the scoop idea...

but definately do use graphics or paint.. metal badging on a scoop would look kinda tacky.