Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Morette

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 02:18 PM

Morette

Hi All,

I just bought a set of morette for MY97 Legacy. It didn't come with any instructions. I know some of you guys have it can you give me any instructions?

Thanks

Jason
Old 11-23-2002, 05:19 AM

Car Info: MY00, Impreza 2.5RS, Saab Yellow
Talking

Me Me Me...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...55207577FXuhXZ

hope that works for you.

-Mark
Old 11-23-2002, 11:49 AM

Thanks White Knight,

my current problem is the housing didn't fit into my car body too well , the end of the light (turn signal light side) is having a gap around .25 of an inch from the body from both side and after 15 hours straight and even trim the bottom of the housing a little , still seem have no success.

It feels like something is not letting the housing go all the way in but I have no clue what is it.. Any advice?

Thanks for any suggestion

Overall I still like the lights it's amazing...

Jason
Old 11-23-2002, 12:00 PM

Smile

Yeah I keep having the same problem with the gap. So what I did is push it in all the way, at that point you will see that your holes for the screws don't line up. just cut the hole a bit bigger until you can put in the screws. If you need me to take a pic I will go out and do so.

-Mark
Old 11-23-2002, 07:16 PM

Hey White Knight ,

you are so generous , yes I will like to see the pic and compare with mine..

but one thing I am still unsure.. because of the housing is made by plastic and sometime I can hear the housing "pop" out a few seconds after I "push" it in .

So, like you said if I push it "ALL" the way in and drill a new hole will that absolutely work this way?

Oh by the way , did you mean to drill a new whole on the car frame or on the housing? please confirm.

(excuse me , since the last 24 hours I think I become a child with all kind of questions)

Wiring --- do you hook up the second "bottom" light bulb in your high beam? If so, what did you do and how you did it??

Power --- I hook up the positive to the positive of the battery and negative as well... is it the same with you or should I plug the negative to my car frame??

that's all for now... hahaha...

thanks again
Old 11-24-2002, 06:45 AM

Talking

hahaha No problem I'm happy to help.

NO don't drill a new holl in the fram of the car. just talk the existing hole on the light and inlarg it till it lins up with the holl on the car.

"Power" I just took the (+) to the (+) on the battery and the (-) to the fram of the car.

"Wiring" I will let you know how I did that when I go out and take a pic in a few minuets.

brb

-Mark
Old 11-24-2002, 07:26 AM

Post Pic 1

Side shot: Now that is pushed all the way back and screwed in.
Attached Thumbnails Morette-picture-007.jpg  
Old 11-24-2002, 07:36 AM

Ok now about the wiring that I did. Well the little bulb that is in the high beam I have it on as my parking light. the side bulb is used just for turning. I was able to do all this from just the stock 3 wires that used to be the side bulb.

I hope that helps... If you want me to tell you which wires I used exactly that will take just a little bit of time cause I have to take that light out of the car to see. but if you have your lights out and take a pic/or just tell me the colors of the wiring I can help you .

-Mark
Old 11-26-2002, 12:37 PM

Thanks mark!
Old 11-26-2002, 12:58 PM

Arrow

Originally posted by Z1 Performance
Thanks mark!

Your welcome. But I sould be the one thanking you because you got those lights for Roger and he then sold them to me.

-Mark
Old 11-26-2002, 10:31 PM

White Knight ,

Unfortunately , my light has went into the car already with the help of my friend and I don't think he is interested to give me another hand to take it out just for a pic... (he is living 40 minutes drive from me) so if you don't mind can you tell which one of three that I shouldn't use for the "little" light?

One more concern here, I find out this problem since day 2 after I installed...
the situation is , one day when I was driving with my low beam and fog lights are on in the same time , and all in the sudden the high beam comes on and fog lights went off and it won't go back to normal low beam until both fog light and high beam switch was turn off , do you have similar experience or do you have any clue ?

Thanks again
Old 11-27-2002, 05:45 AM

Well if you want to use the City Light(little light) then you will have to take it out. Then next nice day out I will take mine out so taht I can write down the wires needed to hook it up, and I will take pics.

Now for the other thing... check to see if you have blown a fuse. The fuse that I'm talking abou tis in your fuse box in the engin bay. If that is it you need to look at the connector for the headlight. You will have to unplug it and look at the car side, and see if it is melted or something wich is grounding it.

If you have any question please call.

-Mark
Old 03-16-2003, 10:38 PM

Hi Mark,

Spring has finally comes and it's warm enough for me to continue with my lights setting. I hope you don't mind I start bugging you again.
okay let me explain my situtation right now.
I had my low & high beam working, side is working.

Issues that want to solve..
1. when I turn on my fog lights with my low beams, the high beam's sign on the gauage is "half" light up. Then, after a few seconds, the high beam will be on and the fog goes off (even I didn't switch to high beam). It's gives me the feeling they are all in the same wire group and the high beam PULLS the power from the fog lights, any clue?

2. The little bulb in the high beam light, I still didn't connect it yet. You had mention that you have them hook up with the corner light but I had check with the corner light wiring on my car. It has 3 wires and there is only require 2 for the "little" bulb. So, is it possible for me to hook up with the low beam? It's a lot closer between them anyway. But I want to know is, will it do any harm to the low beam if not will the little bulb can handle the power from the low beam ?

Thanks

Jason
Old 03-17-2003, 05:32 AM

1. Hmmm, only thing I can think of is that you have a short. Between teh high beam and low beam.

2. I would stay with corner light as how you hook up your city bulb. I say this because you will pull power away from your low beam's. Plus its a parking light so you want that to come on with out your low beam's. The 3 wires are 1.ground, 2.constant power, 3.pulse ground(witch is the blinker). so you need to share the ground wire and constant wire to the city bulb.

Hope that helps.

-Mark

Quick Reply: Morette