Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Momo shift knob slipping off - need adapter

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 08:09 AM

try searching for a guy named paulie or willguidry either here or on nasioc.com. they cost 20 bucks if he's still making them. i've heard of people using plastic bottle caps. good luck.
Old 05-24-2003, 12:16 PM

actually i am talking about the **** itself. the piece that was fabricated by paulie also has a lip to hold the boot up to keep it as oem as possible. go do a search on paulie or willguidry over on nasioc.com. the little rubber piece that momo sent was useless. happy hunting
Old 05-25-2003, 12:02 PM

Originally posted by j.reed
I think migs is taking about an adaptor to hold the boot up, not the **** on the shifter.

I have it installed... did you use the right screws and the right rubber cap for the shifter? Then all you have to do is make sure the screws are hella tight, I put my **** in a mnoth ago and have to tighten it at least once a week.
hey jreed, i think you're still confusing you and me both. the sleeve that is being sold on nasioc is an adaptor that fits inside the **** itself so it sits firmly against the actual shifter. so there is no need to tighten at least once a week (see above). AND there is a lip machined at the bottom (just like the stock shift ****) to prevent shift boot from sagging. but thanks for posting the link to avoid further confusion. enjoy
Old 05-25-2003, 08:43 PM

here ya go reed!

the only difference is that the one pictured is metal and the one i purchased was plastic. it was essentially the same design. i believe the plastic version was more cost efficient. check out the 5th page. there should be a few pics in there. i know its not the entire piece but it was the best i could do. sux that the link you've located won't load the pics anymore. if you want a pic of it by itself, your best bet would be to email paulie himself. pgeld@***.net.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...t&pagenumber=5
Old 06-14-2003, 04:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Hey guys!!!

I just got word of this thread. The shift **** adapters are still available. Please e-mail momosnap@***.net for more info.

Thanks!!!

- Paulie