Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Momo Race airleather shift knob?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2002, 07:13 PM

Car Info: 19' Impreza Sport Manual / 99 Miata / 13' OB

Details here:

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...=&threadid=202
Old 12-28-2002, 07:48 PM

The link shows the **** installed on a stock boot, the pic is with a MOMO boot that I helped install on a firends WRX. The MOMO boot replaces the lower ring and has its own ring in the top of the boot that screws on to the ****. The boot install is on the scoobymods site too.

Peaty
Old 12-30-2002, 05:18 PM

only if you want to put something under the boot to make sure it stay's up. Someone makes an insert I think that holds the **** and the boot too. Taking the console off only takes a few min. 3 tops. I've had mine off so many times I can do it w/ my eyes closed now
Old 01-18-2003, 07:19 AM

Car Info: '03 Black Sedan
Wink Momo **** Pics

I installed the Race Air Aluminum **** and love it...lowered the total shifter height by 1-1.5 inches making the throw a little shorter and it feels great! (I'm not longer considering the short-throw shifter). I have a couple of pics posted of it in the member gallery at this link:

https://www.i-club.com/gallery/showg...r=4184&thumb=1

At first I installed just the **** and pulled the stock boot up over the bottom - to make it fit you have to leave off the bottom screw on ring that comes with the shift **** and it takes a bit of effort but the stock boot will slip up just to the bottom of the **** and the exposed threads hold it there snugly.

I got a Momo boot as a gift though and couldn't help myself. It definitely makes a nice improvement to the interior...now I'm lusting after the STi aluminum shifter surround to finish off the look!

If you want more pics of it I'd be happy to email them...
Old 01-18-2003, 07:24 AM

Cool Pic

Here's a pic if you can't get to the gallery:
Attached Thumbnails Momo Race airleather shift knob?-4184rhk118d.jpg  
Old 01-20-2003, 09:30 AM

Car Info: black 2003 WRX
i have the exact same shift **** but where did u get the leather cover (what ever its called)
Old 01-23-2003, 06:39 AM

Momo Boot

You can order a boot at quite a few places - just go to a search engine and look for them but there is quite a bit of variability in price - anywhere from $45 to $80 for the same boot so compare. Momo makes 3 types of boots - 2 will screw on directly to the bottom of the shift **** (one with an external aluminum ring that will be visible), one with a plastic adaptor that screws directly onto the bottom of the shift **** so the leather comes flush to the bottom of the ****, and one that has no connector at all - just a leather tube and you figure out your own way to install it.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:58 AM

"Elegance" Boots (Left)- No Adaptor for Momo *****

"Endurance" Boots (Middle)- Aluminum Screw-on adaptor on top of boot screws on to bottom of shift ****

"Performance" Boots (Right)- Plastic threading inside of top of boot screws on to bottom of shift ****
Attached Thumbnails Momo Race airleather shift knob?-boots.jpg  

Quick Reply: Momo Race airleather shift knob?