Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Knocks!Knocks!help me! ('dings' in door body panels)

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 12:58 PM

Car Info: Subaru Impreza
Unhappy Knocks!Knocks!help me!

Hi,
plz forgive me for my english,iam sorry.
so i hope u understand me,and understand my prob.
small knocks!aaaaah!!!it make me to die!
small knocks can come from hitting by stones,or another car's door hit ur subaru's door,or someone hit the body with his hand..etc.
i have like 5 little and small knocks on the left forward wing of my subaru!
iam soo angry,and if u want the turth!somedays i spent about 2 hours thinking what can i do?and being sad for 5 days for discoveing anew knock..
i dont put my cars near others...i take alot of care for not having anew knock.
but!i cant have 100% shield of this problem..
i wrote this thread..cause before 15 minutes i discoverd another knock..
somepeople told me..there is no fix for this..espically when they are on the forwards wings..or if they are on the doors..
so plz someone help me and tell me the truth about this disaster!
-------------------------------------------------
thanks alot..
Old 02-11-2006, 04:27 PM

*thump up*
Old 02-11-2006, 07:29 PM

Car Info: 01 GME(6) / 04 GDF(7)
Wink DINGS? We call dem Dings!

We call them, dings here. Nothing you can do about them, it's a part of everyday things.
I don't know how it is where you are from but here in the US of A, some of us are **** enough that whenever we have to park in a public place, we'll pick the farthest spot from where everybody is parked, we jokingly refer to it as parking in China. Then theres some of us here that whenever we have to go somewhere where we have to park next to someone like in a supermarket or in a mall's parking lot, we drive our other car/beater so that we avoid getting those dings and scratches.

But, no matter how careful you are with your car and how good of a driver you are, there's always some asshat thats on the same street/road that you are on that will screw up things for everyone else.

It's only irritating for you because you care for your car and you try to protect it but as we say here, Sh*t Happens.

Where're you from, don't you have Dent Doctor there? GL!
Old 02-12-2006, 09:16 AM

Ok,of course i care for my car!as much as u cant imagine!but!sh*ts happens!thats right.
okey,now.what is the solution of this problem?
i surrendered that my car can have these dings.but isnt there afixer that can fix this?
i think u said Dent Doctor!who is that?
Old 02-16-2006, 05:36 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by Mohammadov
okey,now.what is the solution of this problem?
i surrendered that my car can have these dings.but isnt there afixer that can fix this?
i think u said Dent Doctor!who is that?
Hi, Mohammadov. Most of us are not aware that 'JO' is the country code for Jordan (I had to look it up). I'm sure that even in Jordan there is a company like Dent Doctor. These companies or individuals use special tools that can repair minor dents to almost 'like new' and in many cases you cannot even tell that there was previous damage. The exceptions are that they do not repair gouged body panels or dents that have seriously deformed the body panel such as a dent on a factory crease line. This repair also does not repair paint damage or scratches. I've seen the finished repairs on cars and in most cases the results were very good. Locally here in northern California USA, we have gotten special deals from time to time for about $25 U.S. per dent repair up to the size of a 25¢ piece (medium-sized coin).

If there is NOT anyone in Jordan doing this type of body repair, you might look into purchasing the tools and starting your own company. There is money to be made for very little investment!

Good luck in finding a dent repair company.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 02-17-2006, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Wingless Wonder
Hi, Mohammadov. Most of us are not aware that 'JO' is the country code for Jordan (I had to look it up). I'm sure that even in Jordan there is a company like Dent Doctor. These companies or individuals use special tools that can repair minor dents to almost 'like new' and in many cases you cannot even tell that there was previous damage. The exceptions are that they do not repair gouged body panels or dents that have seriously deformed the body panel such as a dent on a factory crease line. This repair also does not repair paint damage or scratches. I've seen the finished repairs on cars and in most cases the results were very good. Locally here in northern California USA, we have gotten special deals from time to time for about $25 U.S. per dent repair up to the size of a 25¢ piece (medium-sized coin).

If there is NOT anyone in Jordan doing this type of body repair, you might look into purchasing the tools and starting your own company. There is money to be made for very little investment!

Good luck in finding a dent repair company.

--
0==WW==0
haha..so nice what u talked!iam sure i will find here..and all the dents arent very big..just small..but they bothered me.
i just was afraid from some place of these dents!cause i have one in the door,and i said how they will fix it!
ok thank you Wingless Wonder

aaah,i just was to answer an important question for me..
fixing the dents,happen from outside(the surface),or from inside the car's body?

plz look what i find :
1.this one ???
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...7&storeId=6970
2.and this ??
http://www.toolsusa.com/DentTools/in...%20dent%20tool

3.and this :
http://www.toolsusa.com/DentTools/in...%20dent%20tool

i dont know if anyone of this is the right tool!!

Last edited by Mohammadov; 02-17-2006 at 03:04 AM.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:31 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by Mohammadov
fixing the dents,happen from outside(the surface),or from inside the car's body?
The professionals will repair dents from both the outside or inside depending on the specific dent and how easy it is to reach from the inside.

Here is Eastwood's repair tools. This company is popular with do-it-yourselfers. I have no experience using such tools so you will need to do more research before you purchase such tools.

--
0==WW==0
Old 02-17-2006, 04:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
I find a new ding every time I wash my car.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:13 PM

Thank u wingless again..
----------------
vibeeleven:yes.i have ur problem too .