Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Huper Optik Tinted Windows

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 04:59 PM

Car Info: 04 Blue WRX
Cool Huper Optik Tinted Windows

Hey All,

My 2004 Subaru is hot as hell on any sunny day, and it ain't even summer yet. I have been checking into getting a tint that really reduces the heat coming in from the clear windows. I have come across a tint called Huper Optik (www.Huperoptik.com), it is supposed to cut 70% of the heat coming in from the windows. It blocks 99% of UV rays and it has a life time warranty. Best of all, it has no metal so it doesn't interfer with cell phones or radar detectors. However, one place wanted $499 and the other place wanted $550. Now, my question is one, is it worth it and two does anyone in the Maryland, DC, Virginia area know where I can get it cheaper? Somebody Hollar back.

Peace,
Kevin
Old 06-02-2005, 06:17 PM

Car Info: Justy
I can say its worth it, a friend of mine here in Hawaii has a tint shop and carries Huper Optik films. I myself don't have it on my car, but I have sat in a few the cars he has done with the Huper Optik. I did notice a big difference. I'll be switching over to Huper once I get around to changing my tint.

My friend also told me that the Huper Optik films are more expensive and a bit harder to work with compared to normal tinting films.

Hope this helps.

B
Old 06-02-2005, 06:44 PM

Car Info: 04 Blue WRX
Thanks B,

I am really thinking about going with it. I like to get things done right the first time so I don't have to do it again. Plus, I have read a lot of forums that say that the Metallized tints interfer with their radio reception. Especially AM. I listen to espn radio alot and that would **** me off if I couldn' t get it. But DAMN, $500. And I am not cheap, I guess I'm just used to hearing less than 250 for a tint job. Guess I'll have to look at it differently. Yes, a heat reduction job. I thought I was going to have to justify it to my girlfriend, but she was like she thinks its worth it and if its what I want get it. (Could this be a setup for something expensive for her down the line?) : )
Old 06-02-2005, 06:52 PM

Car Info: Justy
Originally Posted by Michaelangelokc
Thanks B,

I am really thinking about going with it. I like to get things done right the first time so I don't have to do it again. Plus, I have read a lot of forums that say that the Metallized tints interfer with their radio reception. Especially AM. I listen to espn radio alot and that would **** me off if I couldn' t get it. But DAMN, $500. And I am not cheap, I guess I'm just used to hearing less than 250 for a tint job. Guess I'll have to look at it differently. Yes, a heat reduction job. I thought I was going to have to justify it to my girlfriend, but she was like she thinks its worth it and if its what I want get it. (Could this be a setup for something expensive for her down the line?) : )

No problem Kevin!

One of the cars I sat in was done with Huper 80%, it felt about the same as my WRX with 28%. I know what you mean about the pricing, when he first told me the pricing for the Huper it was a bit of shock, about x2 the price of a car done Solar Gard film. He did tell me that the Huper is a harder to work with and the price of the film is higher.

And yes your g/f is probably going to setup for something expensive down the line. That's how it always works.

Brandon
Old 12-07-2006, 05:07 PM

Car Info: 2003 wrx
With this huper tint would you still get the blacked out windows of lets say 20% normal tint, or is it more strictly for heat reduction and UV blockage?