Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Help a newbie... JDM HID vs non-HID

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 09:18 PM

JDM is not a company

It means Japanese Domestic Market

You would call the US ones USDM
Old 01-05-2003, 11:06 AM

Car Info: 22
Smile

JDM means Japanese Domastic Market which means it comes from the factory in Japan with those lights.

With that being said, the lights you posted above are made by Subaru.

What WRC are you referring to, do you mean WRX? Which one has a wing? Am I missing a pic or something?

For tail lights check out eBay, they have a ton of cheap "altezza" lights.(I believe APC is the company, they make a ton of cheap crap for civics and such)

I don't know why you would want to change the tail lights but it's your car.

Your best bet on the JDM STI lights is a group buy or you can find a set of right hand drive ones alot cheaper but you have to deal with them not being aimed properly for a left hand drive car.

Alot of people go this route but it's totally up to you how important the aiming is.

You can also get the non HID and add a HID kit and it usually ends up costing about half the price of JDM HID lights.

Do a search for LHD and RHD lights and you should come up with some info about the differences. good luck-James

Last edited by jjunior887; 01-05-2003 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-05-2003, 03:38 PM

Car Info: 22
Oh, I believe that's the Version 7 sti spoiler, could be wrong on which version but it is the one that comes on the STI sorry I didn't know what pic you were talking about. The lights can be ahd in LHD or RHD it just depends on how much you want to spend. CC-B has a group buy going right now for the LHD ones(also known as EDM) The headlights on the WRC car are very similar to the Prodrive headlights, the Orciari headlights, or the UK300. I don't believe anyone makes those exact headlights for our cars, they have a vent in the top portion instead of a turn signal. -James

Last edited by jjunior887; 01-05-2003 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-05-2003, 04:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: GF8 ver6
Originally posted by Cycloexane

1. So they are STI lights by Subaru, but theyre for a right hand drive car. Correct?

2. I was wondering what headlights and spoiler this car has:
1. well, people call it STi lights somehow but regular WRX has projector lights too in other countries. You can call it JDM projector and people will understand what you mean. There are LHD projectors too. Those LHD version are from European market and look exactly the same as JDM projectors.

2. It is very rare. Subaru makes similar rear wing for WRX STi version prodrive style, but the real WRC wing is extended to the rear.
As for the lights, there are similar replicas but it doesn't look exactly like the real one because the real one has no turn signal in the headlights. Also the real one is carbon fiber. I prefer JDM projector lights rather.

WRC wing

WRX STi prodrive style wing

Last edited by go go go; 01-05-2003 at 04:52 PM.