Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

HELP! I was washing my car (hard-to-remove bird dropping)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 03:22 PM

Car Info: 04wrx
HELP! I was washing my car (hard-to-remove bird dropping)

Help! I was wasing my car, I washed the whole car already,and then I notice some bird dookie on the hood. I tried washing it off again and again. IT WOULDNT COME OFF. hahah. I think its because its been there for a long time. Its dry and I can't do anything to get it off. Does anyone of have any suggestions on how to get this "crap" off? Its just a big dry dookie mark on the hood.

THanks
Old 05-09-2004, 03:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
scrub scrub scrub? lol try with a towel instead of the soft washing spunge, hey it might work.. lol
Old 05-09-2004, 03:29 PM

Car Info: Broken ass stock '02 WRX
california clay bar, at least i think tahts wahts its called

Last edited by Keisatsu; 05-09-2004 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-09-2004, 03:45 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
Try simple green. I use that stuff all the time. Cleans my rear bumper from the exhaust fumes pretty good as well.
Old 05-09-2004, 03:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
i use mothers polishing thingy ma jig comes right off
Old 05-09-2004, 03:59 PM

use the clay bar.. most likely after you wash it off completely the acids and what nots from the **** already have done their damage..
Old 05-09-2004, 04:56 PM

Car Info: sc300
ya your gonna have some mean damage to your paint from that poopoo.. want to get that stuff off asap
Old 05-09-2004, 08:26 PM

ima go buy some products asap. thanks guys
Old 05-09-2004, 09:18 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
i am feeling your car's pain
Old 05-09-2004, 09:37 PM

its like dried bird popo. If you feel the hood, you cant even feel the poo,its smooth ahah its like permantly stuck on the hood. this sucks
Old 05-10-2004, 12:40 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by wrxguy
its like dried bird popo. If you feel the hood, you cant even feel the poo,its smooth ahah its like permantly stuck on the hood. this sucks
Have you tried Maguire's 3 stage wax? The first stage is for cutting into and smoothing out scratches, etc etc - that might be what you need.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:06 AM

Car Info: (2005 OBP STi - RIP), 2008 BMW M3
Does anyone know how to get hardened tree sap off??? Its on my roof and on my windshield. Also, where can I get some of this clay bar stuff?
Old 05-10-2004, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by wrxguy
the acid from the bird poo/urine has etched itself into the clear coat. others have mentioned clay bar/wax/polishers...most likely none of these will work. if you know anyone who can do a bit of wet sanding then call them up. depending on how bad it is this may be your only option short of repainting the car. if it isn't too bad sometimes some fine to medium grit rubbing compound followed by a good polish and wax will do it.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:42 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by aussiebrydon
Have you tried Maguire's 3 stage wax? The first stage is for cutting into and smoothing out scratches, etc etc - that might be what you need.
I just did the 3 step mcguires yesterday for the same reason. I have a bird that keeps crapping on my car, and I needed to get that off and put on a good coat of wax to keep make it easy to remove in the future. I also did the trunk debadge at the same time, so I needed to clean, polish, wax anyway. It takes a while but is worth it.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:18 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by fanker
the acid from the bird poo/urine has etched itself into the clear coat. others have mentioned clay bar/wax/polishers...most likely none of these will work. if you know anyone who can do a bit of wet sanding then call them up. depending on how bad it is this may be your only option short of repainting the car. if it isn't too bad sometimes some fine to medium grit rubbing compound followed by a good polish and wax will do it.
One step I'd reccomend before wet sanding is using a good rubbing compound, like P&S. The stuff can do damage though, so you want to start with a diluted mixture (mix with reg. wax) and add more rubbing aompound to the mix untill you feel it is a good mixture that can remove the spot, but will not damage the paint. If that fails, wet sanding may be the only other option, though keep in mind that Subarus don't exactly have the thickest paint.

-Chris

Quick Reply: HELP! I was washing my car (hard-to-remove bird dropping)