Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Heads UP Display Boost Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 12:26 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
that looks pretty cool...I have driven a cadillac with a similar display before and its pretty cool...u can see it during the day and at night...
Old 01-16-2003, 09:48 PM

Car Info: full race 02 Prodrive widebody with 2.5 Cosworth
There nice but if you driving tward the sun your screwed.
Old 01-28-2003, 12:22 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
I have one. Very high cool factor. No problems with visability. The readings flictuate, but I have recently read a thread about substituting a large diameter connector in the vacuum line for increased responsiveness. The discussion indicates that the pressure is extremely sensitive and I now (that is to say within the last 48 hours) believe that I need to reconfigure my set up. I think that the readings will stabilize with either a different ID size connector or a different line length to the gauge sensor. I chose this one because it has a peak hold feature and I am putting EGT and oil temp gauges in with the Autometer Instrument Bezel. If you don't plan to add two others, I would just put a regular gauge in the instrument bezel. That way you'll have all your instuments between your hands.
Old 01-28-2003, 03:24 PM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX
Who are you getting the Autometer Instrument Bezel from? I was looking for one but nobody seems to have any.
Old 01-29-2003, 09:15 AM

I haven't ordered the Autometer Bezel yet, so I don't know. I've seen it advertised on several websites. I'll be ordering it within the next couple of weeks, though, so I'll post it when I do.
Old 02-03-2003, 02:53 PM

found this one: http://www.alamomotorsports.com/prod...sterbezel.html

Also wrx-performance.com had them advertised last week. The web site was just down when I checked it, but that may be temporary.
Old 02-04-2003, 02:41 PM

It is bright enough to see under almost all conditions.

As far as the rest of your question goes, I can't tell what you are intending to do. It sounds as if you're asking two questions. First: "I was thinking of doing a hud in the same place, w/ a similar smoked transparent piece on the windshield,"

Answered above

Second: "but with a 4" lcd video screen, with horizontal flip, hooked up to an hks camp, possibly a rear view cam. You guys think it would be bright enough to be visible on a bright day?"

Do you mean you plan to put a lcd video screen in front of the projection unit, facing you? I have no idea about the visibility of an lcd projection screen in that position. I'm doubtful that the visibility of a one color lcd projected image that reflects off a (if memory serves) 35% reflective surface can be an indicator of how visible the lcd screen you're considering would be. Interesting gadget, though.