Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Has anyone used the "touch-up paint" on their cars?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 01:25 AM

Question Has anyone used the "touch-up paint" on their cars?

Is it worth it or should I just deal with the scratches, scratched off paint etc... does it look decent after you apply it or does it look really obvious and worse? Thanks!
Old 10-16-2004, 06:53 AM

Car Info: Black WRX, stock
It matches nicely and prevents rust but it you'll be able to see the edges of the brush stroke. I.e. it won't be flat unless you go back and buff it smooth. Still...I prefer that to the white scratch or rust color...
Old 10-16-2004, 10:52 AM

go to paintscratch.com enter your paint code they will mix it custom for u. they use paint markers . which are very easy to use and it also has a seperate clear coat pen . the paint flows better with the marker , and u can get it to be flat, not blobed like the ones that use a brush
Old 10-16-2004, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by GEARHEAD
go to paintscratch.com enter your paint code they will mix it custom for u. they use paint markers . which are very easy to use and it also has a seperate clear coat pen . the paint flows better with the marker , and u can get it to be flat, not blobed like the ones that use a brush
How do you use the clear coat pen? Does the color match perfectly? I have a blue STi... my color should be "WR Blue Pearl" right? Thanks!
Old 10-16-2004, 01:27 PM

thsiao go here , http://www.paintscratch.com/ this is the closest i have found to a perfect color match. The site has great directions, and lots of other paint supplies, they will even mix paint in spray cans if you have a larger area to do. also they use your color code to mix the paint for you. your color code is on your vin plate in the engine bay.