Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Got into a fender bender need advice :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 12:35 AM

Car Info: 2002 Wrx
Got into a fender bender need advice :(

First off, I was was in a fender bender with my 02 wrb wrx with someone who didn't have insurance and I chose not to involve the authorities. Unfortunately, I don't have a camera to load pics up here and im not sure how to load them with my phone. The front right part of my bumper above fog light has some paint damage and my bumper seems to be pushed up and in about 1/4 of an inch on the right side making my right bugeye and hood not flush like the left side. There is also a only noticeable to the touch knot above the right bugeye on the right front corner panal(probably not the right term but hopefully you know what I mean). I honestly don't care about the damage next to the bugeye but it might be an indication of something else wrong or help you guys help me. I am trying to figure out the cheapest way to fix this that will make it look like new. I was thinking maybe finding someone with an 02 wrb front bumper in good condition(probably difficult) or maybe buying a wrb aftermarket front bumper might be a good route. Also, if I did this could I install it myself? Sorry for how long this post if but I wanted to give you guys a good idea of the situation. I really appreciate any advice the I-club community has for me! :scared:
Old 12-27-2008, 12:49 AM

Car Info: 06 WRX TR
Do you want to involve insurance or no? If you do and you have insurance you can report a claim on an uninsured driver. Only thing though is that They'll require documentation like a police report. If you file the insurance claim as an uninsured motorist hitting you your insurance company should waive your deductible and you won't have to pay anything for your repairs.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:54 AM

The problem is, this was like 2 months ago I was busy with school and didn't take care of it. I didn't want to involve the uninsured driver because there is a fat fine for driving without insurance. Also, at the time I think we both underestimated the damages. It seems like I might have screwed myself.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:07 PM

Car Info: 06 WRX TR
oh sorry to hear that. yeah i guess since it's been so long then you're definitely gonna have to pay out of pocket. Did you get the other persons info? Maybe you can work something out? Good luck.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:52 AM

Car Info: camber toe
don't buy anything, cause I did trying to fix to front end of my wrx

take it to the shop and align the front

you can restore your bumper or you can find a cheap bumper if needed

there is no way the other driver gonna screw you over, so set goals and never let them bend you over...... bend them over.....or yeah..... you know what I mean
Old 12-28-2008, 09:11 AM

Car Info: 05 Aspen White STi wid 2 AK47's in da trunk!
same thing happened to me a while ago when i had my integra. a high school girl hit me on the way to work. it wasn't that bad just a dent and some paint smear.

i tried to be nice because it was a high school girl that hit me and she didn't have a job. being the nice guy that i am i ask if there was any way she could just pay a couple hundred dollars, she said "yah, i'll ask my parents". so she gave me her number and we parted ways.

i'll called that afternoon and she told her parents it was my fault! i tried to tell the parents that it wasn't my fault and that if it was i would try to dodge her!
but they kept insisting it was my fault and they told me i should've got a police report. i said "you're right next time i won't make that mistake".

so now i don't care who hit me, it would've been better if the police got involved no matter the damage. but if it was one you guys i'd let it slide!

oh and for advice - i would do what pimpsawse says.

Last edited by HAT3R 671; 12-28-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:16 PM

thanks guys, any idea how much a bumper repaint costs? THe pain would probably need to be blended sense its an 02.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:44 PM

Car Info: camber toe
Originally Posted by HAT3R 671
being the nice guy that i am i ask if there was any way she could just pay a couple hundred dollars, she said "yah, i'll ask my parents

- i would do what pimpsawse says.

nevermind what I said, I would be a pedo bear and ask her if there is anything that SHE could do to help? if yah know what I mean lol j/k

bumper paint would probably be $200-500, depending which shop

keep in mind that you still might have to realign the frame(if needed)