Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Getting a TV (LCD) installed into my WRX... Point me towards the right direction?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 07:37 PM

Car Info: Subaru WRX MY02
Question Getting a TV (LCD) installed into my WRX... Point me towards the right direction?

Hello there,

I have a completely stock automatic pearl red 2002 WRX. It has a pretty cool looking spoiler btw... Im not sure if this is the right place to post to get the information, but here it is.

Anyways, is there someplace anyone can point me towards getting a TV installed in my WRX? I've seen a lot of people getting TV's inside the car. They are like 5 or 6 inch LCD screen.
I've seen them as big as 15 inches, but I dont want one that big. They are usually mounted on the front dashboard.

But for mine, I was thinking about getting a small LCD screen mounted on the sun visor. I think it would be a pretty nice modification. It would be nice to watch after I stop driving and just hang around inside my car.

I dont think this would be very expensive but I just dont know about going about doing this, or who to contact.

If anyone could point me towards a website or some online contacts or some stores that do this. (in the Bay Area, California)
would be great!

Thanks in advance

- U
Old 03-17-2003, 03:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: GF8 ver6
how about those retractable TV that fits in 1DIN? I think it takes up less space and less noticable to the theives.

If I had WRX, I'd do JDM style but it's hard to find parts for it.
It's in where the clock is and it opens automatically when the navi is turned on. I drove it with the navigation in japan and it is very easy to see.
Old 03-17-2003, 03:10 AM

You have a lot of different possibilities, but I suggest you also check out
http://www.mp3car.com -- esp. the forums. LOTS of people with LOTS of ideas on there.
Old 03-17-2003, 02:32 PM

Car Info: silver WRX
Originally posted by go go go
how about those retractable TV that fits in 1DIN? I think it takes up less space and less noticable to the theives.

If I had WRX, I'd do JDM style but it's hard to find parts for it.
It's in where the clock is and it opens automatically when the navi is turned on. I drove it with the navigation in japan and it is very easy to see.
whats the website to get more info?
Old 03-18-2003, 08:11 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
check this out....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6774
Old 03-18-2003, 01:48 PM

Car Info: Subaru WRX MY02
Thanks for the ideals and replies though, its not what Im looking for. So far all the posts here have been for mounted on the dashboard of the car.

You given me some ideals, but not exactly what Im looking for. Im getting the feeling that this is going to be a custom job to do the work.

Just that no one mentioned "install" a tv into the car, it just can't be that hard. There has to be some direct info on the subject.

Having a TV mounted where the CD Player/Radio is awkward as you have to view it while looking down. I want it on the sun visor because it can stay hidden when you fold it up and youre looking up and you can even adjust the view of the TV as it the visor can be moved left or right or up and down. Not to mention, I can just lean back adjusting seat looking up (at the tv) while leaning back.

Thanks guys.