Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

which four point harnesses?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 07:59 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
i read somewhere saying if u're gonna get harnesses..u should have a rollcage..or was it the other way aorund? might want to look into it, like if u have the harness..its more dangerous cuz the seatbelt and airbag are designed to work together..and if the roof collapses ur body will be able to move somewhat..but if u're strapped in with a harness..its another story, but tahts just what i think i read ..from somewhere. could be wrong, yeah i was interested in harnesses cuz they look really cool, but im thinking u're a hardcore racer w/ a steering wheel w/o an airbag, so ..lol, i could be wrong.
Old 04-17-2004, 08:56 PM

Car Info: '03 PSM Sedan
right...

my Cobra Suzuka race seat is currently sitting in my garage waiting for brackets so that i can install it. i won't be putting four points in until those brackets get here. right now, i'm debating between a full cage and harness bar. a bar would be cheaper and more conveinant, but a full cage would significantly stiffen and strengthen the body of the car.

the real danger with four points is mounting them incorrectly. four points should be mounted so that the harnesses do not pull down on the driver/passenger's shoulders when seated. this means you can't bolt them into the floor right behind the driver's seat. doing so causes the force of an accident to be transfered to the driver in such a way that it compresses the spine -- bad stuff. as long as they're properly mounted, four points are safer than a stock seatbelt.