Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

electronic/wiring gurus needed for 05 STI interior lighting issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 10:05 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
electronic/wiring gurus needed for 05 STI interior lighting issues

Hi guys

I have had my clock red and just did my radio red (05 sti, only way to change its color) using some red film for the screen and red bulb condoms for the other part.

When the lights are off, they look great at night, a bit dim during the day, but when you turn the lights off, they are way too dim even at night

so how do I wire the clock and radio to stay fully lit when I turn on the lights?

thanks

pic of my new red interior lighting.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:17 AM

Car Info: 2002 blue wrx
(Before doing any modification to the electrical sytem you must verify the battery capacity and the charging system).I don't have the schematic of your car, but if you have a multimeter check the voltage of the clock light with and without the lights on, if the voltage lower at the clock light and the batterie voltage stay the same or have a minimal diminution while the lights are on, the clock and radio ligthning circuit is in serie with the main light system, so you must isolate the clock circuit and use your actual power wire to ACTIVATE a small relay that will send power to your accessory but you must get the feed of your relay from fused and key switched battery power. If the voltage is not changing you have a intensity problem so you could change the bulb of your accessory light for LED type if it is possible . (Note: this is an guess, i am not a subaru technician and i don't have the schematic in front of me, so if you don't have minimal knowedge in electrical system do not modify your wiring harness by yourself you could loose all your lights while you are driving at night or cause a fire in the car if it's improperly connected.)