Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

back of steering wheel rubbing steering column

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 11:24 AM

Car Info: former owner of BLUE '05 IMPREZA WRX
back of steering wheel rubbing steering column

hey guys, I just bought an OEM boost gauge that mounts on the steering column from another user locally, he has an 02/03 wrx wagon and sold me his boost gauge already mounted on to his steering column housing, anyway everything is working fine and in order except the back of my steering wheel is rubbing the steering column, its annoying and if I turn too hard the housing kind of opens apart, I checked everything, everything is lining up like its supposed to and everything is screwed in correctly (the two inner bottom screw, and the one screw underneath the housing) my only assumption is that the older model housings are different and will probably only align with the old momo style that was on the earlier models. I have an 05 sedan with the "T" shape steering wheel. Any input will would be nice. I've already contacted the user but i'm just trying to avoid that and see if there is another solution to my problem. Thanks in advance!