Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Aux lighting diagram help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 09:00 AM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Aux lighting diagram help?

I've been reading a ton recently about how to wire up the driving lamps so they are controled by a seperate switch, as well as the high beam stalk. After looking around, I thought the best bet was this one posted a while ago by satyra on NASIOC. However, the one thing that seemed to not fit was the connection from the upper lead off of the SPDT (3 way) switch which he put as going to the ground. Is this right? It seems from what I have read that you would connect this to somesort of ignition on power source (ideas on what?), and connect number 85 to the battery ground. Heres his diagram:

On mine I did what I said above, and placed the upper lead off of the SPDT 3 way switch going to a ignition on 12V power source. Let me know if this is wrong.

My other question is about where exactly is this mysterious high beam switched ground is located, and how exactly to tap into it? Anybody done this or have ideas on how to? Here is the diagram:

And here is a 18kb PDF that is the same diagram. This is much easier to look at as you can zoom completely in on it:
http://home.comcast.net/~jeffhop/FF1000Diagram.pdf

TIA!
-Jeff