Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Audi A6 bi-xenon e-code headlight mod for RHD JDM headlights (56k death!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 11:36 AM

VERY NICE. as for the bulb you can still upgrade it to a higher K but since he already got the BMW stuff it would be kinda dumb to go out and buy another set up.

looks very good man. I like it.

as for the purple and the color change you'll get that with most high quality projectors and it depends on the projectors. Like I had it a little on the morrettes even with reqular bulbs in there.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:11 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
SWEEET!!!!!!1!11!!
Old 11-04-2003, 10:12 PM

Car Info: 03 MBP WRX 06 CGM FORESTER XT
Here is a pic of the new lights (low beam only) on the road, damm these are so much better than my old lights. Check out the cleen cut-off line on the bushes / trees.

I'm loving this mod!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:
Old 11-05-2003, 05:32 AM

Car Info: 2004 2.5TS manual
Wow, that is nice. Better shot than the garage one. How many people flash their lights at you?

I'm going to take those bananas out back and shoot them.
Old 11-05-2003, 04:41 PM

Thanks for the props and leave my bananas alone!

As for the flashing question; I did adjust the lights a bit lower after this picture. I can still use stock headlight adjustments with this mod.
:banana:

Last edited by Badfish; 11-05-2003 at 11:36 PM.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:50 AM

Car Info: Subaru WRX 2002
Hey man those light are awesome. I'm kind of new to the WRX world. I just bought mine. So if you could tell me. I was planning on buying the regular JDM headlights for the car and I'd love to do you're retrofit. So will the regular Non HID JDM headlights work for this mod and what did you use to reattach the cover over the lights and epoxy or what? And if possible could you e-mail me some more specific instructions on how to do this. I hope I'm not asking too much but I really like your work and it looks awesome thanks man
Old 11-06-2003, 09:37 AM

To do this mod on USDM headlights check this link out. I was going to do this as well, but thought that the easier thing to do was a staight projector swap, and the Hella projectors were so close in size to the JDM's.

The lights I used in this mod are the NON_HID JDM's.

Last edited by Badfish; 11-06-2003 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:15 PM

Car Info: Subaru WRX 2002
Thanks Badfish for that clearification. Where would I go about buying all these parts that you used for this project and what did you use to reattach the lens cover to the light an epoxy or cement or what and have the fogged at all?
Old 11-08-2003, 07:16 PM

Car Info: 1988 MR2 S/C
Wow! Awesome install! Takes some ***** to do that

I went the easy way:

This is my 2002 Subaru WRX with EDM STi Halogen projectors with Hella Ballasts and 6000K Global Premier H1 capsules. Took some time aligning the bulb but I'm pretty happy with the results.

Ballasts were mounted inside the bumpers.

Comes with a very nice Silicone Grommet.

What the headlights look like.

At night.

Matt
Old 11-08-2003, 07:50 PM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
matt, i notice your beam pattern seems to raise up a fair amount further than badfish's do. is that a function of how you dremeled out the housings or something else?

also, on my JDM headlights, you can easily see the raise in cutoff for each bulb, so there are actually two of them. how did you get it so that there is only one?
Old 11-08-2003, 08:09 PM

Car Info: 1988 MR2 S/C
Originally posted by Steppin Razor
matt, i notice your beam pattern seems to raise up a fair amount further than badfish's do. is that a function of how you dremeled out the housings or something else?

also, on my JDM headlights, you can easily see the raise in cutoff for each bulb, so there are actually two of them. how did you get it so that there is only one?
I didn't do anything to the cutoff or the actual projector itself -- it is all stock.

The bulb base was slightly crooked, so I made some adjustments on the base to get it aligned properly.

You need to aim your lights at a wall about 50ft away, and then adjust both projectors into one beam.

Matt

Last edited by mattjk; 11-08-2003 at 08:16 PM.
Old 11-09-2003, 06:25 PM

Car Info: RIP: 2000 2.5RS Sedan, BRP Now: 08 WRB WRX Hatch
your guys' lights look like its aimed kind of high... either that or mine are aimed tooo low.. but then i fear blinding people with my hids on my car...
Old 11-09-2003, 09:48 PM

mattjk,
Nice looking car, I love the RECARO's! One question, are you using different city lights, if so what are they?

I also concidered the EDM lights with an H1 retro-fit kit route but I already had 2 pairs of JDMs. And I just got a new dremel.

BTW - Are you the same mattjk with the LCD's on ebay? If so, glad to see that you are an i-club member as well!

Daios / Razor,

I also had an H1 HID kit in another set of JDM's and the RHD cutoff was the same steep angle. This was another reason to do the mod.

Yes, at first the my lights were aimed way too high, I have adjusted them to aim a bit lower.

Old 11-09-2003, 10:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Black 2003 WRX Sedan
may be a dumb question.. but can you do this to the EDM STi lights??? sounds like the HID's would work better with projectos that are desinged for them
Old 11-09-2003, 11:31 PM

The only possible thing I see as a problem with this mod and the EDM's are the headlight aiming motors that are included with these lights. I don't know if the motors would physically be in the way of the transplanted projectors. The JDM's don't have these motors. But this problem could be easily solved by using smaller donor projectors. But then you'd need to fabricate new mounting hardware.
Good Luck!!

Quick Reply: Audi A6 bi-xenon e-code headlight mod for RHD JDM headlights (56k death!)