Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Anyone have a TRUNK MOUNT bike rack?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 06:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 Suburu Impreza WRX
Question Anyone have a TRUNK MOUNT bike rack?

Hey everyone, I have an 02 WRX and was thinking about purchasing a TRUNK MOUNT bike rack. I don't want to spend all the money on a roof mount then have the extra weight sitting on top of my car when it's not in use. Does anyone have a Trunk Mount? If so, what kind is it and is it pretty stable, is it secure when driving, and how about ground clearance with the bikes loaded. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx, Guru

P.S. I'll be using it with 2 Mountain Bikes
Old 11-05-2003, 11:16 AM

Car Info: GDA
if you're gonna get a trunk mount, make sure you protect the paint! i'm not talking about contact points from the rack to the trunk lid, but also bike pedals, wheels, frames, etc that touch the car. i had a trunk mount on my old car and my bike scratched the car.

that's why i went with a roof mount this time around...not to mention, i can slap a board rack on top now and just haul *** to the slopes!

db
Old 11-05-2003, 11:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 Suburu Impreza WRX
I'm probably gonna go with a trunk mount for now. But wouldn't mind the option of maybe buying a kayak or something for a top mount. What would you say a top mount with with all the rails, fairing, etc . . . weigh in at???

Guru