Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Altezzas or Euros for '04 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 12:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Originally posted by EVO&WRX
thats what my girl wants. Just a different look I guess.
If she's looking to be different, why does she want taillights that are on every Honda out there? Oh well, I'm not here to judge.

Morette make some "unique" taillights
http://www.morette.com/REAR%20LIGHT/impreza3.htm
Old 03-21-2004, 12:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
You'll have to get those lights from a dealer, as Morette doesn't usually sell them direct.

Try eBay, or googling "Morette Taillights".
Old 03-21-2004, 01:24 PM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
www.apartment107.com

has altezza lights 02 and up. not sure if that will work.

seriously though, why?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
for the love of jebus.

sorry just had to say that, its your car though. to each his/her own.
Old 03-21-2004, 05:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Black 2003 WRX Sedan
I dont know why so many people flame others who want to change their tail lights or other parts like them. if people want to change them, let them change it. if everyone did the same thing as everyone else sooner or later we would all be driving similar cars.
Check APC for some tail lights. im not to sure about a website, but they are the number one supplier of aftermarket tail lights around.
Old 03-21-2004, 06:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Two words regarding Altezzas: HELL NO!!!!
If you really have to change your tail lights, at least be more unique and classy about it. There's a fairly nice-looking one out there that resembles the rear lights on Jaguars; I can't remember the brand but you can run a search on this forum for it.
And if your girl insists on getting Altezzas, I say you should give her the boot!
Old 03-21-2004, 06:30 PM

Car Info: Evo 8 and WRX (sold)
Well...this would be the correct time to pimp slap your g/f.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:22 AM

Car Info: 04' JBP STi 02' WRB Wagon
Well if you want to change the tailights, imo altezza style lights in chrome clashes heavily with any of the wrx's colors, instead, how about altezzas in black or maybe the jeweled style that looks like the 04's?

Here's links to both, you might find better prices on ebay though, this is for picture reference.

"Jaguar Style" / 04' Jeweled style

compared to:

ewwww

These are pretty ugly in layout, but they have it in black:

Matrix Motorsports versions

I'm sorry i can't find what i was really talking about, but you can imagine those chrome eurotails under "ewww" with black instead of chrome.

You can probably get it to be black, and it would look a lot better imo than just chrome. Since the manufacturing on these parts are usually questionable, and sometimes leads to leaking and stuff, it might be a good idea to do what we call the "headlight mod" which is basically taking apart the unit, and painting any areas inside the tailight black or some other color (please paint it black or it'll be more "rice" than before) and while you're at it you can reseal the whole thing using better silicone and thus avoid the leakage.

Finally.......why groan about other people's mods, be helpful and not look like every other guy that rips on other people for what they wanna do, if you think it looks bad, laugh at them when they're done, but at least let them do it if they want to. We're all about being helpful here at i-club, and those altezza comments that have been said more times than heather locklear's gotten facelifts, aren't helpful at all.

Good luck on finding a good price, i myself would not pay much for replacement taillights that i'll probably have to reassemble to make up for a potential manufacturing defect.

Last edited by Seraph; 03-22-2004 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:23 PM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
oh yah i completely forgot about painting the lights.
like what seraph said about the quality of most of these altezza lights. they are not to great and may cause problems.

painting your lights will make them different, and they look sooooo nice.
Old 03-23-2004, 01:04 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza 2.5 RS Midnight Black Pearl
Umm....havnt you noticed the 04 Taillights LOOK just like those "Jaguar Style" Tail lights except for the shape...its still colored CLEAR plastic (not diffused lighting like the 02/03).

I dunno what else you could be looking for

Quick Reply: Altezzas or Euros for '04 WRX