Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

05 USDM STi Gauge Cluster to 02 WRX Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 09:27 AM

05 USDM STi Gauge Cluster to 02 WRX Issues

I recently put in a 05 USDM STi gauge cluster into my 02 WRX. I did the plug modification and b-28 wire cutting as stated on some of the threads I found. Everything went smoothly BUT the only problems are: 1) my ABS light is always on and along with 2) constant, annoying buzzing sound (part of the shift light function I presume).

I searched EVERYWHERE and it doesn't seem like there's any documentation on how to resolve the buzzing sound other than turning on the headlights. One member briefly mentioned he removed the buzzer but didn't go into details. Could someone tell me how to go about resolving this buzzing issue?

I suppose I could live with ABS light been constantly on. But if anyone has any idea on how to correct this issue, I'm all ears.

Also any 05 USDM STi gauge cluster wiring diagram would be helpful as well.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:03 PM

Since no one seems to have an answer on this one, I decided to bite the bullet and just pull the buzzer out of the gauge cluster and pray for the best. And it worked for me!

You have to carefully open all tabs and pull out the back panel cover. Make sure you don't forget to release 3 tabs in the middle of the cluster. The key thing is DO NOT force it open. When you release all tabs, the back panel cover will just pop off.

The buzzer is the little round thing, located in the lower left hand corner of the i/c board. You willl see 'bz258' or some alphanumerics like that in the corner. Carefully cut loose the glue on both sides of the buzzer. I pulled it off by keep twisting it clockwise and counter clockwise until it's loose enough to be pulled right off.

I also taped up all non-essential lights, i.e. dccd, and rear diff. temp. lights with black eletrical tape. I was able to tape dccd from behind but had to tape over the rear diff. temp and ABS lights from the front. It actually works better and doesn't look that bad if you just tape it in the front; just make sure you cut the piece of tape nice and straight (and the right size) to make it look nice.

Make sure you cut the b-28 wire (I have a '02) before you plug in your new STi gauge cluster.

Good luck.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:29 AM

Car Info: SGM 135i
Good ****, congrats on your install