Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

04 black wagon w/ thule snow cat and headlight mod...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 10:50 PM

Originally posted by escaflowne
i ahve the exact same car. could you do some more shots of the headlights and front of the car when you get the 5 megapixel cam?
i need to decide whether i should paint them or not.

nice car

-jeff

yea, n/p, but it won't be till this weekend. the reason that im not in a rush to fix my headlights is because i dunt really want to paint them. but if i open it up to fix the seal, i minus well do it, or it'd seem like a waste of time. if you look closely at the housing, it's not really chrome, but has a darker tint. although it shows up really shiny in the pics, it actually a lot darker.

-tj
Old 05-21-2004, 01:27 AM
Zee

Car Info: 04 White Aspen WRX
Congrats!
Old 05-21-2004, 10:27 AM

wrxless congrats!
the headlight mod, looks good! seal it IMMEDIATELY though. I thought the same as you (to just let it go until a later time), then one day my driverside headlight stopped working. I opened it up and the light had 1/2 cup of water in the botom that had gotten into the ballasts and shorted things out. luckily i was able to dry the light and reseal it and everything works fine now, but you can run into serious problems if you let it go...
Old 05-21-2004, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by stimul8n
wrxless congrats!
the headlight mod, looks good! seal it IMMEDIATELY though. I thought the same as you (to just let it go until a later time), then one day my driverside headlight stopped working. I opened it up and the light had 1/2 cup of water in the botom that had gotten into the ballasts and shorted things out. luckily i was able to dry the light and reseal it and everything works fine now, but you can run into serious problems if you let it go...

doh....haha....it's been about a month now...haha...maybe i'll get around to it this weekend....i guess i'll paint the housing as well. i saw a sti at a local meet that painted his housing black with rustoleum black. it was textured black and it turned out really nice, so im probably going to do that. i'll post pics if i do.

-tj
Old 05-21-2004, 11:27 AM

please do, i've wanted to see what its like on a black car, but i still think the silver lights give a nice contrast to the black...