Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

02 jdm sti hid lights install Q's

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 01:07 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Giant Bowery '84
Originally Posted by hybrid gti 2
I have a 02 wagon and I just got jdm sti headlights. no ballast or bulbs and not sure about wiring. I see the spot for the bulb for the hid projector. but I am not sure what setup to but that will work with this setup. as I have sceen many setups that have wires streight to the bulb where this has a cap. So I am totally lost here. bolt in light ya no problem but wiring and parts I am at a loss as to what I need and where to get it at a fair price or better yet a deal. I am not even sure of the differance in lighting 5000k or what ever. All I know is that phillips is considered the best but hella and cats are not bad idther. I have done searches on several forums and found mainly people asking the same thing or lots of pics of it done. also how do I turn off the day time running lights. Also how is the differance between high beam and low beam considering hid and regular bulb?
thanx
i got 02 wagon also.. but i don't have HID.. i just got the projector and i'm looking for hid..

5000k is good anything above that gets bluer and bluer

day time running lights!!!

you have to remove all the screws from your glove compartment box

there is one plastic one near the door.. you can get that out by slowly shifting the it out with a flat head.. then there is one screw new the foot at the bottom..

when you open up the compartment.. you'll see probably 5 screws outlining the door for the glove box..

after that.. look inside the glove box and you should be able to find two screws on each side

when you're done unscrewing all the screws.. the glove compartment should drop from the left side to right

carefully place the box on the ground.. and you should be able to see three connectors.

black, blue, and then there is one behind those two.. as you can see in the picture..

disconnect that one cable and you're done..

put everything back on and start the car and have fun with the DRL disabled

......... if my instruction doesnt help

go to http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...6&page=2&pp=25

good luck ..
Old 10-15-2004, 07:35 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
JDM headlights? Doesn't that mean the cutoff is on the wrong side...why not EDM, I thought they're the same only set up for driving on the right side of the road...I hope nobody with JDM HID's blinds me...
Old 10-16-2004, 08:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Giant Bowery '84
i have the projector with out the hid so i don't think i'll be blinding anyone