How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them.

Weird CEL issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 10:42 AM

Car Info: '05 crystalgrey sti
Weird CEL issue

I hope someone can help me....

Last night leaving my buddies house, I started my car and noticed that the CEL was on. I started to drive and the car felt fine, but also noticed the cruise control light was blinking.

Has any one every experienced this before?

Cliff notes: Check engine light on and Cruise light is blinking.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

- Julius
Old 04-08-2008, 11:56 AM

Car Info: *WiDe AnD LoW*
this happened to me once when I first installed my HIDs for some reason. I got home and reset my ecu and they were still on so I turned my car off and called it a night since it was pretty late already. I woke up the next morning to try and play with it again, and they were off. everyones case is alittle different when it comes to CEL lights though.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 WRX WRB
On the newer cars with drive-by-wire, the cruise will be disabled when a code is set and the CEL is on, therefore the cruise light will flash.
You need to get the car scanned to find out what Pxxxx code(s) have been set. Autozone does free scans but I think it's different in CA, they may let you borrow the scanner for a deposit and do it yourself. Alternatively you can ask in your regional forum to see if someone nearby has a scanner, and of course there's always the dealer but if you're out of warranty they will charge you a diagnostic fee.