How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them.

Greddy TT with out a TT harness????

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 07:30 AM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX
Greddy TT with out a TT harness????

I installed a greddy turbo timer in my 02 wrx, but it doesnt keep the car on, as soon as I come to a resting spot and turn on the ignition key the timer turns off also. I didnt by the harness cause I like to get in to doing it my self, but I think I am over my head in this one. I connected the red (12+) wire from the timer to the black and white wire from the ingition harness under the dash. I also connected the green (ingition) wire to a black wire, and the blue (acc) wire to the grey wire to my factory alarm, then the brown (e-brake) wire to the pink wire next to the e-brake, then the purple (speed sensor) wire to the ECU.. I dont know if I did every thing right. everything seems to work but when I turn off the car, the turbo timer doesnt stay on... Can someone help me out???? Thanks!!!
Old 07-21-2007, 07:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
are all the settings on the TT correct? I've never used one but don't you have to set everything (like how long it keeps the car on)
Old 07-21-2007, 07:43 AM

i am new to the timer thing. I dont really know how to use the timer since the instructions came in japanese... Its a greddy full auto timer...
Old 07-21-2007, 07:45 AM

it also doesnt keep the car on. As soon as I turn the ignition key off everything turns off...
Old 07-21-2007, 08:00 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
are you pushing any buttons before turning off the car? try hitting the "select" or "time" buttons before turning off the ignition to select the amount of time it'll idle the car for

english instructions, YWIA
http://www.greddy.com/img/PHP/products/pdf/685.pdf

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 07-21-2007 at 08:04 AM.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:33 AM

I got it working now. I had the green (ingition) wire on the wrong wire, it need to hook up with the black and blue wire from the ingition harness... I just need to find out how to get it to work with my alarm!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 10:44 AM

Car Info: Works xD sTi
Originally Posted by notstock
I got it working now. I had the green (ingition) wire on the wrong wire, it need to hook up with the black and blue wire from the ingition harness... I just need to find out how to get it to work with my alarm!!!
if you found out how to get it work with the alarm. let me know too. Some people telling me that we can't not bypass the alarm, is that true?
Old 07-28-2007, 07:56 AM

I got it to work with my alarm.. If you did everything I did then all you need to do is take the bottom panells off again and where the fuses are there is a key less module black box on top it will say subaru security system, it is held by 1 10mm nut. all you have to do is look for the darkest green w/black strip wire and cut it. Do not connect the wire to anything.. Also make sure you tape off the wire so they dont get any kind of contact. Then it should work.. Let me know if you have any more probles....