Hawaii Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

TESTING WATERS-Stanced 2008 STi Looking for Trade for 2011 STi or possibly a sale.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 07:57 PM

Car Info: 2008 STi
New Price!-Stanced 2008 STi for sale

2008 Subaru STi, 24k miles. I am the second owner. I got the car totally stock in August of 2011. It was purchased new in November 2008 from Servco Subaru Waialae and kept stock (except a legal tint) by the first owner for 2 and a half years. It still has the 4 year extended warranty. Both of us have babied the car (i.e. multiple washes a week, frequent oil changes, driving like its made of glass, Etc.) In December of 2011 I pretty much overhauled the suspension set up. Put in coilovers, LCAs, toe arms, rear trailing arms, and camber bolts. I also got some new rims with a more aggresive width and offset. The car sits beautifully in my opinion. Just the right amount of camber and poke. Since then, I have added some other parts here and there, like exhaust, BOV, and a strut bar. I also had it street tuned by Matt Cater of 555 Motorsports. Most of you are probably wondering why you haven't seen this car around. I live in Kailua and dont get out much. I took it on the cruise once, and its been to 2 meet ups, but I generally keep it on the windward side most of the time.

Tune/ Performance info:
Tuned by Matt Cater of 555 Motorsports in Feburary 2012.
BOOST:
Before-15 psi, After-19 psi
HP:
Before-305hp, After-Around 340hp (between the exhaust and tune) No dyno sheet to prove, but that was his estimate and I do feel the little difference.
MPG:
Before- 19.8 mpg, After-21.6 mpg and climbing (pretty good for a turbo 2.5 L)

COMPLETE PARTS LIST:

Engine/Exhaust:
Perrin Quad Tip Catback Exhaust
Greddy Type RZ BOV

Drivetrain:
Subaru OEM Short Shifter Complete with Reverse Lockout Feature (not installed but included)

Suspension:
Megan Racing Street Series 32 Way Adjustable Coilovers with Pillowball Upper Mount
Megan Racing Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arms
Megan Racing Rear Adjustable Toe Control Arms
Cusco Adjustable Rear Trailing Arm
Tanabe Front Upper Strut Bar
Whiteline Front Camber Bolts

Wheels/Tires/Etc:
Work Emotion 11R-Ft in Gunmetal. 18x10.5 +22 offset (Tire Pressure Moniters were swapped from the stocks to these rims. TPMS is still fully funtional.)
Dunlop Direzza 255/35/R18
Work Lug Nuts in Red

Exterior Accesories:
Greddy Front Lip (on the car now)
BlackTop Aero Type VR Carbon Fiber Front Lip (included with the car)
BlackTop Aero Carbon Fiber Side Steps (also included)
Seibon OEM Style Carbon Fiber Wing (still in the mail but will include)
Perrin Shorty 2" Antenna (will include stock antenna)
Hella Supertone Horns
LED License Plate Lights
Yellow Tinted Fog Lights
Black Chrome Illest Badge
JDM Dark Tinted Window Visors
35% Tint

Interior Accesories:
Defi Red Illuminated Boost Gauge
White Junction Produce Fusa
2 Junction Produce/Hello Kitty Collaboration Limited Edition Fragrance
Red Footwell Illumination Kit
LED Dome Lights
JDM STi Pedals with Pink Grippy Bumps and Pink STi Logo (will include stock pedals)

All parts were purchased brand new, there is not one part on this car that was bought second hand. I have the reciepts if you want them.The tint was done by T&T when the first owner had it. The coilovers, LCAs, toe arms, rims, tires, and some of the accesories were purchased at Revision Audio in Kalihi. Strut Bar was purchased at Razor Sports in Aiea. All other parts were purchased from various online retailers.

Asking 28k firm.

Im sad to let it go, but ive decided that I have better things to dump my miney into. Let me know if you're interested. Car is paid for and not on lien. All papers up to date. Call or text Katy at (808)218-5703, email me at katy_cocoa@yahoo.com, or pm me on I-Club (stigirl808). The fastest way I will get back to you is by call or text. Email will be fast as well, but i rarley ever check my pms.
Attached Thumbnails TESTING WATERS-Stanced 2008 STi Looking for Trade for 2011 STi or possibly a sale.-iclub1.jpg   TESTING WATERS-Stanced 2008 STi Looking for Trade for 2011 STi or possibly a sale.-iclub2.jpg   TESTING WATERS-Stanced 2008 STi Looking for Trade for 2011 STi or possibly a sale.-iclub3.jpg   TESTING WATERS-Stanced 2008 STi Looking for Trade for 2011 STi or possibly a sale.-iclub4.jpg  

Last edited by stigirl808; 04-15-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:50 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
nice car!

Not trying to be rude but why have a extended warranty when the car is no longer covered due to heavy mods?

also what is the asking price?

why a 2011 sti? its pretty much the same car esp if you get a hatch again or are you looking for a sedan?
Old 03-30-2012, 12:44 AM

Nah im looking for the sedan. And your probably ri
ght about the warranty lol. Never thought of that. And idk i dont wanna scare people off with a number, so its more of a shoot me an offer and we can go from there kinda deal.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:37 AM

Car Info: my wife crazy with buying parts
+1 for a sweet ride. Saw this at one of the meats and couldnt stop staring at dat azz.... the car... im a married man
Old 03-30-2012, 11:48 AM

Car Info: grandmas car
just an FYI-not too sure if this is the first car youve modded....but its always a LOSING game. you will NEVER be able to recover what you have put into the car. i paid only 23.5k for my almost stock 05 sti, i dont want to think of how much i dumped into my car, but i know i spent more than what i initially paid for the car on mods. id never be able to recover any of that back, even if i parted my whole car out.
and i dont know about anyone else, but even if she is referring to crank hp, seems off to me. yeah, the car has 305 hp at the crank factory....but i doubt an exhaust and bov would produce 35hp. id be surprised if it even made 300 wheel on rads dyno.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by dysfunctnl doll
just an FYI-not too sure if this is the first car youve modded....but its always a LOSING game. you will NEVER be able to recover what you have put into the car. i paid only 23.5k for my almost stock 05 sti, i dont want to think of how much i dumped into my car, but i know i spent more than what i initially paid for the car on mods. id never be able to recover any of that back, even if i parted my whole car out.
and i dont know about anyone else, but even if she is referring to crank hp, seems off to me. yeah, the car has 305 hp at the crank factory....but i doubt an exhaust and bov would produce 35hp. id be surprised if it even made 300 wheel on rads dyno.
im not trying to get all the money back, i just want people to know that i wont stand for lowballers throwing me 15k. and i didnt say 340 whp. i even said i hadnt been dynoed. i just threw in the number that matt estimated. but lets be honest, whoever buys this car is gonna know that theyre not buying a racecar, i built it just for looks.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:45 PM

Car Info: 06 STi 293hp/310tq / 2.5 FLI tune
Not sure what is in the water over there, take it to a dealership and trade it in for a newer STi.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by faraco3
Not sure what is in the water over there, take it to a dealership and trade it in for a newer STi.
will they take it evn though its so modded?
Old 03-30-2012, 01:20 PM

Car Info: 06 STi 293hp/310tq / 2.5 FLI tune
Oh yeah, your car is beautiful and it would sell fast at a dealership.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:18 PM

Car Info: 08 Nissan Titan, 12 MazdaSpeed 3, 15 Honda CRV
just my 02cents....But if you are really serious about selling your nice car, it would probably be best to take out all the mods and performance parts off.
Only way to get some of your money on the car and you can put on the 2011

Also, you will increase your demographic of buyers from those just looking for stock and/or 1st Subaru buyers, and those looking for semi-modded Subie for the stuff you wont be taking off.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by stigirl808
i just threw in the number that matt estimated.
well, theres your problem right there....lmfao!
Old 03-30-2012, 02:43 PM

Car Info: my wife crazy with buying parts
Just drive around and see if any dealer will give a fair offer. Maybe autoland because they love slamming everything that comes in the lot
Old 03-30-2012, 03:27 PM

Car Info: 5.4RS
i dont know about anyone else, but even if she is referring to crank hp, seems off to me. yeah, the car has 305 hp at the crank factory....but i doubt an exhaust and bov would produce 35hp.
she also got an tune. i see no problems with a 35hp gain with that
Old 03-30-2012, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by ds baruuuuu
she also got an tune. i see no problems with a 35hp gain with that
guess you FAILED to read who tuned it? nah nah all joking aside, i got a pro tune for stage 2 by pdx....and i had quite the stage 2 setup.....and i only made 308 at the wheels.....
Old 03-30-2012, 03:56 PM

guess you FAILED to read who tuned it? nah nah all joking aside, i got a pro tune for stage 2 by pdx....and i had quite the stage 2 setup.....and i only made 308 at the wheels.....
Well thats cool and all, but im really just trying to advertise my car. Not trying to be rude but there are other threads on this forum where you can go to talk about your car and discuss whos better at tuning cars. Thanks.

Quick Reply: TESTING WATERS-Stanced 2008 STi Looking for Trade for 2011 STi or possibly a sale.