Hawaii Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

FS Prodrive brake Calipers and UK300 headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 12:50 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
Originally Posted by silver satin
Hey Blake I do agree with you because thats how I usually do business but the old saying goes "Money talks and Bull**** walks"
hey i remember you backing out on a deal that i got first dibs on, the tires
Old 11-21-2005, 12:52 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
and in this case of selling the lights already, you should have let blake know, who knows, maybe blake might offer more than 500, then you would make money, you got nothing to lose, but on the other hand, this is a private sell, he can do whatever he wants, but if it was me, i would let the other guy offer
Old 11-21-2005, 01:51 PM

Car Info: 87 Honda Accord LX
I did. If you read what he wrote he clearly states I gave him the opportunity.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:33 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
$300 is a big difference. The seller did offer for a match... no match, higher bidder wins. I don't argue with money.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:55 PM

Car Info: 87 Honda Accord LX
Me either.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:28 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Personally, I think it's wrong to agree to a sale with someone and then you back out because you get a higher offer. This isn't Ebay. In the future, when you post something for sale, post up a higher price and then ask for an offer ($500/obo). That way, you can wheel and deal. If not, then too bad. Once you've come to an agreement, then you stick with it. It's as simple as that. It's not about business. You aren't running a business. If someone did that $hit to me, I'd be pissed off too. There are ethics involved in everything you do...even in business.

How would you feel if you decided to buy a car, haggled and agreed to the price and then right before you sign the papers, the salesman comes in and says, "Sorry...we just sold the car cause the other guy really wanted it and he paid what we were asking and had cash"...think about it.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:17 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
Adrew what are you talking about?? I don't remember and I said "usually"...
Old 11-22-2005, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ditchhanger

How would you feel if you decided to buy a car, haggled and agreed to the price and then right before you sign the papers, the salesman comes in and says, "Sorry...we just sold the car cause the other guy really wanted it and he paid what we were asking and had cash"...think about it.
actually, my friend did that when he first bought his car. he had 3K cash in hand when he went to the dealership. he really wanted THAT car and he flashed the money right there. the dealership said that it was already spoken for, and they tried to give him a white one, but he wanted the silver. they ended up giving him silver and i don't know what happened after.

you know, seriously though, i had this happen to me when i wanted something for the stated price and it turned out that the guy sold it to a higher price. i was mad, but as i've known time and time again, it's not sold until cash is in the hand, and that whenever money is involved, everybody gotta eat right. i agree on one thing though sheridan, maybe next time, you should put $500/obo. it's cool that you gave him the opportunity to go higher and match and i think that should not be overlooked. just my 2 cents guys.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:35 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Had this happen to me in Anchorage...

Originally Posted by Ditchhanger

Verbal agreement on the phone...was on my way to pick up my new ltd 96 4-runner....after arriving... the guy started stuttering and sweating...they tried to get me to look at other colors...turned out, another salesman, after hearing I was coming to sign for the paper (good deal) sold the car from under me to a damn lawyer with cash...paying full price...boy was I pissed...Manager was a jerk...I left there slightly mad (btw...the manager later got fired...appears he got use to doing business like this...I'd like to say I aided in his dismissal)...

I had already learned though..that things happen for a reason...so about a week passes, and I see the same car for sale up north in Fairbanks (I lived in Anchorage)...I call, they beat the price by a few thousand, flew me up from anchorage for free, and lent me a car to fool around with all day...I had a great time visiting college buddies...

Anyhow...it all turned out well...
Old 11-22-2005, 08:41 PM

yeah, it seems like everything now days dealing with money is already considered a business proposal and should be taken as such, as per what i've learned over the past. which is why, once i make an agreement on something, i'll either send payment ASAP or be there as quick as possible to make a transaction. it's just a responsibility (not saying that anybody else isn't responsible enough) but i take upon myself because you'll never know who you're dealing with especially when the greenies are involved.