Hawaii Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

FS Prodrive brake Calipers and UK300 headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 06:14 PM

Car Info: 87 Honda Accord LX
Oh , the brakes have found a new home stopping an old Legacy Turbo
Old 11-17-2005, 06:14 PM

Location: mr. police officer,im not as think as you drunk i am....
Car Info: 02 wrx
^^^thanks for the heads up on the calipers!!!
Old 11-17-2005, 09:27 PM

Sorry, wish I had enough to sell to everybody who wanted them!
Old 11-18-2005, 12:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by shrieden
Yes I have a set of Prodrive/Alcon 4-pots that take 330mm discs. There is no brake pads or rotors with them, just the caliper. Will fit 98-01 RS and 02-03 WRX or RS all with 17" wheels. I don't know about fitment on the 04 and up's but I assume they will fit. $300

UK300 Headlights, again a genuine Prodrive piece, not one of those copies. THey are RARE. $200.

Any questions, just ask
Quoting this so people can read the feedback and make their own opinions to do business with you in the future.

Basic story is that he and I agreed upon my purchase of his item (the UK300 lights). It was pretty much all set up and then he got an offer for $500 including shipping from another person and went back on our deal.

Shrieden, I understand that you need money...hell everyone needs money but backing out on a deal isn't very good in my book. Whenever I sell things...once I agree to sell it to a person I don't go back on it even when someone PMs me (before the transaction is complete) and offers more.

It should be noted that he gave me a chance to offer more money but I was pretty much unwilling to move from the agreed upon and publicly posted price.

Well anyways, I guess it's just a difference of morals as it was a really large offer that the other person gave him and some people may go his way as well.

Last edited by bpang1; 11-18-2005 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:31 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Red face $200 or $500?

As always, it is all about Business not "Ethical Feeling"...

Seller's decision...
Old 11-18-2005, 02:44 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
Originally Posted by bpang1
Quoting this so people can read the feedback and make their own opinions to do business with you in the future.

Basic story is that he and I agreed upon my purchase of his item (the UK300 lights). It was pretty much all set up and then he got an offer for $500 including shipping from another person and went back on our deal.

Shrieden, I understand that you need money...hell everyone needs money but backing out on a deal isn't very good in my book. Whenever I sell things...once I agree to sell it to a person I don't go back on it even when someone PMs me (before the transaction is complete) and offers more.

It should be noted that he gave me a chance to offer more money but I was pretty much unwilling to move from the agreed upon and publicly posted price.

Well anyways, I guess it's just a difference of morals as it was a really large offer that the other person gave him and some people may go his way as well.
Originally Posted by Tiare
As always, it is all about Business not "Ethical Feeling"...

Seller's decision...
I agree with both of you on this one......If someone offered me $500 for something I posted for $200......Hell ya i would take the $500....BUT.... If I already made a verbal agreement with someone for $200 already, IMO, thats just as good as writing......I'm entitled to that person......sorry to hear about that blake.....
Old 11-18-2005, 03:25 PM

on a sidenote, i don't want to take sides and i'm not going to, however, i do also see both sides to this. anytime 2 people are doing a transaction involving money or trade, it becomes business between the two. now, i have many business friends and they've told me that in business, you have no friends (makes me think twice dealing with them). basically, in order to get what you want or benefit from anything in business, you have to step on toes to get there. now, some people (not me) can do that, which is why they are successful with not too many friends. it's a dog eat dog world out there and especially in business. i've learned that.

in this deal, although there was a verbal agreement, still no money was paid and the seller took the better offered deal, which is uncool on the personal level, and something that you wouldn't do to friends and stuff, but in terms of business and i guess at the time, it was an attempt to gain an advantage, which in this case was money.

if you look at it on the other side of the coin, the advantage on the buyer was that they saw an opportunity (advantage) on a cheap priced quality product and an attempt to gain was taken. just my 2 cents.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:59 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
Hey Blake I do agree with you because thats how I usually do business but the old saying goes "Money talks and Bull**** walks"

Last edited by silver satin; 11-19-2005 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:04 PM

Wink Trader ratings or not, one makes one's decision...

Originally Posted by clamdip
on a sidenote, i don't want to take sides and i'm not going to, however, i do also see both sides to this. anytime 2 people are doing a transaction involving money or trade, it becomes business between the two. now, i have many business friends and they've told me that in business, you have no friends (makes me think twice dealing with them). basically, in order to get what you want or benefit from anything in business, you have to step on toes to get there. now, some people (not me) can do that, which is why they are successful with not too many friends. it's a dog eat dog world out there and especially in business. i've learned that.

in this deal, although there was a verbal agreement, still no money was paid and the seller took the better offered deal, which is uncool on the personal level, and something that you wouldn't do to friends and stuff, but in terms of business and i guess at the time, it was an attempt to gain an advantage, which in this case was money.

if you look at it on the other side of the coin, the advantage on the buyer was that they saw an opportunity (advantage) on a cheap priced quality product and an attempt to gain was taken. just my 2 cents.
Well put, as I recalled all business transactions do not involve "friendship" as this one clearly shows just a verbal agreement between a buyer and seller!
Old 11-18-2005, 04:18 PM

Do I feel like crap for screwing him out of the lights? Of course I do, but unfortunately in today's rough world money is what makes thing move, and a $300 price increase is something I could not ignore. It is deffo not like I screwed you out of your money by either giving you faulty items or something like that. Like I told Blake in the PM, I don't like being an ******* or even seeming like one, but that was a deal I could not pass up.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:06 PM

A seller would definitely jump on a $300 price increase...
Old 11-18-2005, 06:32 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
^^^agree with that.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:18 PM

i buy both if you still got them
Old 11-19-2005, 01:45 PM

Already gone, mate.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:18 AM

Car Info: '04 STi
its a dog eat dog world. life's not always fair. sometimes you just gotta suck it up hooah.

Quick Reply: FS Prodrive brake Calipers and UK300 headlights