Hawaii Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

8GB IPHONE 3G Black

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 05:56 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
Originally Posted by dysfunctnl doll
wrong buddy. i pay $20 for data from tmobile..i dont have an iphone..yet. i have a ****ty sidekick lx. ive had it for so long that the same plan is now $35. i say f u to tmobile because ive been a customer for 10 years and i wanted them to honor my $20 data plan....i was gonna upgrade to the g1 but im not paying $35 for data. ill just switch. i rather pay 200 in july than pay 500 and stay with tmobile. free bump for you anyway.
tsk tsk tsk, misreading words I see. Did I say T-mobile sidekick users are paying 6 dollars for full data or did I say T-mobile iphone users are paying six dollars for full data. The latter, if I may, is what I posted. So it is YOU who is wrong, "buddy".

I know many people who just signed up and got the six dollar data plan, running on full data for the iphone 3g, no problem.

Of course, I would help whoever that bought the phone to setup the six dollar internet on their plan, plus get an additional 10% discount monthly.

But it is too late, the phone is being sold as we speak.

It is your fault if you decide to continue paying 20 dollars and stick with an iphone. I know many people like you, but just keep denying it to your self and keep saying "there is no such thing as a six dollar internet plan for the iphone on t-mobile, there is no such..." you get the point.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:06 PM

wrong buddy. i pay $20 for data from tmobile..i dont have an iphone..yet. i have a ****ty sidekick lx. ive had it for so long that the same plan is now $35. i say f u to tmobile because ive been a customer for 10 years and i wanted them to honor my $20 data plan....i was gonna upgrade to the g1 but im not paying $35 for data. ill just switch. i rather pay 200 in july than pay 500 and stay with tmobile. free bump for you anyway.
Oh, to add, I just recently purchased the G1 and gave it to a good friend who is running on the 20 dollar internet, in fact, the same one you got, no problem.

They never asked me to add the data plan on, just walked out without the box even opened.

Also, "i rather pay 200 in july..." if you mean 200 for the new version and not just a firmware upgrade version of the 3g, then that requires the assumption that the prices will stay the same and they will IN FACT come out with a new iphone. Notwithstanding, we have no idea what Apple is going to do, they might raise it, or lower, who knows. And the buck doesn't end there, theres also 36 dollar activation fee that may be charged, most likely if your not receiving any discount, and ontop of that, a two year contract with an ETF of 170, diminishing by 5 every month you remain a customer If you cancel . Who knows, maybe AT&T might revise their ETF fee and how they handle early cancellations with customers.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:10 PM

Car Info: grandmas car
Originally Posted by STiNightFall
tsk tsk tsk, misreading words I see. Did I say T-mobile sidekick users are paying 6 dollars for full data or did I say T-mobile iphone users are paying six dollars for full data. The latter, if I may, is what I posted. So it is YOU who is wrong, "buddy".

I know many people who just signed up and got the six dollar data plan, running on full data for the iphone 3g, no problem.

Of course, I would help whoever that bought the phone to setup the six dollar internet on their plan, plus get an additional 10% discount monthly.

But it is too late, the phone is being sold as we speak.

It is your fault if you decide to continue paying 20 dollars and stick with an iphone. I know many people like you, but just keep denying it to your self and keep saying "there is no such thing as a six dollar internet plan for the iphone on t-mobile, there is no such..." you get the point.
actually i was just referring to data plans in general. i knew you meant you paid $6. what i was getting at was....i am not going to continue to be a tmobile customer because they would not honor my $20 data plan. they said if i upgraded to the g1, i would have to pay $35. i currently only pay $20 for data for the Sidekick...as stated the same plan I have is now $35 so I dont understand why they cant upgrade my phone to the G1 and let me continue to pay $20 data...that is what I meant by I am giving tmobile the big F U. im a long time 10 year customer...if they want to continue to have me as a customer, they should let me pay the $20....they said i could keep paying $20 if I upgraded to another sidekick but I dont want the sidekick anymore. you were the one who said "It may just be you being the one getting the big F U paying for 30 dollars for just data per month while us T-mobile iphone users are paying 6 dollars for full data access without signing a dumb contract." i also mentioned more than once that i dont have an iphone, i WANT an iphone but will wait. i think YOU need to reread.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:14 PM

actually i was just referring to data plans in general. i knew you meant you paid $6. what i was getting at was....i am not going to continue to be a tmobile customer because they would not honor my $20 data plan. they said if i upgraded to the g1, i would have to pay $35. i currently only pay $20 for data for the Sidekick...as stated the same plan I have is now $35 so I dont understand why they cant upgrade my phone to the G1 and let me continue to pay $20 data...that is what I meant by I am giving tmobile the big F U. im a long time 10 year customer...if they want to continue to have me as a customer, they should let me pay the $20....they said i could keep paying $20 if I upgraded to another sidekick but I dont want the sidekick anymore. you were the one who said "It may just be you being the one getting the big F U paying for 30 dollars for just data per month while us T-mobile iphone users are paying 6 dollars for full data access without signing a dumb contract." i also mentioned more than once that i dont have an iphone, i WANT an iphone but will wait. i think YOU need to reread.
But I never said you have an iphone, I said "it MAY be you..." do you understand the meaning of necessary and sufficiency? I guess not. And it was based on your hypothetical situation of when you switch to ATT.

Also, it is your own fault for assuming that whatever the reps say, is true, since, by your own admission, you must believe that you need the 35 dollar data since you said they won't let you. Go to best buy and get the G1 and do some research online, you'll soon find out that your 20 dollar plan might be compatible. If not, I'm sure a little research will show you what is required.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:23 PM

Oh, and another thing, isn't the 20 dollar grandfathered sidekick plan with data AND UNLIMITED TEXT MESSAGING? A friend of mine just got the Iphone 3g and shes paying that plus getting unlimited text. The 35 dollar G-1 data plan your referencing comes with unlimited text and data, 3g when it rolls out in Hawaii, if not already.

The juxtaposition is just not parallel.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:29 PM

oh btw, the phone is sold!
Old 04-11-2009, 03:02 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
Alright, Im giving out free hugs....Who wants to be first?
Old 04-11-2009, 05:16 PM

Car Info: 07STI
lol I pay 20 for my G1 plan and unlimited text and data only bad part is service on base sucks....the Feds are controlling the net!
Dave I want a hug!
Old 04-11-2009, 06:32 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
Seriously.

Last edited by 808subaru; 04-11-2009 at 06:45 PM. Reason: edited for niceness.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:10 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
Originally Posted by STiAlain
lol I pay 20 for my G1 plan and unlimited text and data only bad part is service on base sucks....the Feds are controlling the net!
Dave I want a hug!
Old 04-16-2009, 02:14 PM

Car Info: grandmas car
Originally Posted by STiAlain
Dave I want a hug!
thats why i said from the start...im switching to at&t when the new iphone comes out..cause tmobile sucks and wont let me pay $20 for data...i can take my business elsewhere
Old 04-16-2009, 08:16 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
Sounds like a tmoblie salesman skimming off the top.
Obviously knows way too much about phone plans than the average "layperson".
Old 04-24-2009, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by 808subaru
Sounds like a tmoblie salesman skimming off the top.
Obviously knows way too much about phone plans than the average "layperson".
X

Since many of those on this forum know way too much about Subaru's than the average "layperson" they all seem to be Subaru salespersons.

right..

That logic totally follows.